Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Depressing Day today

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Default Depressing Day today

Bella went to the Vet today for her yeast issues and swollen oozing paws (3). This is the 3rd vet she has seen in less than 2 months. This one wasn't very encouraging. She said that Bella was a typical case of a lifetime allergy sufferer and that she will need lifetime treatment that will be very expensive. Obviously I began to panic. My wife is currently out of work and we're living on one income. I'm really starting to feel I made a mistake adopting her from my local shelter. She is such a sweetheart and I don't want to have to give her up but I know if the vet is right Bella's doomed. I could really use some advise on how to get her beyond these allergies. The vet all she wanted to do was sell me their food, load me up with prescriptions and follow up visits every 2 weeks. Very expensive!

We have Bella on Nature's Variety Instinct Raw, ACV and sugar free plain yogurt. Because her paws have gotten so bad over the last week or so i'm beginning to wonder if she's allergic to what I'm feeding her.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Depressing Day today

Forgot to mention Bella is now on an antibiotic and anti inflammatory...fingers crossed

Potty Trainer Become a 4 Paw Member CHENDERSON's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christie Henderson
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoe Grace aka Big Sexy
    Likes (Received)

I hate to hear that her allergies are so bad. I am a new EB owner so I am new to this kind of thing too. I know there are lots of people on her that will be lots of help to you. Good luck and kisses to Bella.

"The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him, and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too." - Samuel Butler

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

I wish I could be of some help, but it sounds like a good diet to me. perhaps an allergy test is in order for Bella
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Christie, I'm in the Raleigh area. Has your pup had entropion surgery (eye lid)? I'm trying to get an idea what it will cost as Bella needs that too :O( Yes I love this site people are so well informed on EB's here.

Wayne

Bulldog(s) Names
    Uni & Boadie
    Likes (Received)

Yes, you should get an allergy test done so you know what to try to avoid. That should help her reactions.
    In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

ok which nvi raw are you feeding. the trick with bullies is to find a protein they tolerate then work from there. so perhaps the protein you are feeding is not a good protein for your bully. are you soaking the paws. lots of people here use acv with water as a rinse for their dog and i guess you could soak their paws in it. i use duoxo ps shampoo to soak sarahs paws in it and duoxo pads for in between times. i would perhaps stop the yogurt as some dogs are allergic to milk. what other kinds of yeast issues are you dealing with. @Wayne Sorensen

Bulldog(s) Names
    Coco Chanel
    Likes (Received)

You can soak the paws with ACV?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Sandra, we're feeding her Instinct Raw Chicken. As for the soaking we have done that but not on a daily basis and actually it's been several weeks since the last soaking. I've heard of the rinse after bathing but I don't know if I could deal with the vinegar smell all the time. We do use the medicated shampoo starts with "k" and Malacetic wipes for her folds. I'd like to use them on her paws but i'm afraid i'll make em worse. I'm wondering if you're right on the yogurt thing.

Thanks

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Yeah i'm gonna start back with that

thanks

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Chicken is a protien that a lot of bullies are allergic to. We have found HRH to be allergic to salmon too. She's done best on Fromm Beef Frittata, but some other bullies haven't done well on that at all. so it can sometimes be hard to find what works best for your bully.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Lari, Yeah that's what's so frustrating. I think i'm gonna try something different when I'm done with this 15lbs I have left. Any idea how long I should give the food before I should see a difference in her coat, eyes, etc?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads