URGENT!!! Popping/cracking sound .. Please help.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Hi everyone,

A few days ago I thought I heard a cracking/popping sound coming from Blue when we were playing. Asked my hubby if he's heard anything and he said no so I figured I was imagining it.
Just a few minutes ago, Blue's sleeping and he did a stretch, heard the popping immediately. Not sure if it's coming from his hip, or leg.

He doesn't seem to be in any pain but after just hearing the popping, I made an appointment with a Vet for tomorrow morning.

I can't believe this is happening!! And I think it's because he's been slipping and sliding everywhere on our wood floors. I feel absolutely terrible and knew we should have got another rug!!
So how do I keep him calm until tomorow morning? I've laid out blankets all over the living room floor so he won't slip everywhere but what else can I do?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Our Buster makes the same kind of sound when he starts jumping around and playing with his toys, I am really curios to see what the vet says to you about it.

whitebronc

Jan 2, 2013
So Cal
Bulldog(s) Names
Ike
Wishing the best news from the vet for you and Blue. please let us know what the dr. says..

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I hope the vet gives him the all-clear ... but yes maybe another rug just so that he has a bit more leverage until he gets older would be a good thing!

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Thanks guys.
Just feel terrible about this.
Blue's so little, only 9 weeks old. I'm really hoping it's nothing serious.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks guys.
Just feel terrible about this.
Blue's so little, only 9 weeks old. I'm really hoping it's nothing serious.

How did the vet appointment go? I'm hoping it is just something normal and maybe a part of growing

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
So we saw the Vet today (second one in two weeks).
He checked Blue out and did feel the cracking/popping. I can't remember what he called it, but he didn't sound too concerned and said that without sedating him and taking x-rays, there's really no way to tell if it's something more serious.
He told me that since Blue isn't in any pain, there's no reason for the x-rays.
When I asked if the popping could just be "growing pains", he said it could be anything.

He also told me to start giving him something called Phycox, said it was a joint supplement. But when I looked it up, it looks like it's given to dogs with athritis pain. so I don't understand why I should give it to a 9 1/2 week old puppy with no pain!??

Also, when the first Vet saw him a little over a week ago, she never mentioned the popping so I'm gonna call her on Monday to dscuss this.

Anyway, the Vet today was very noncommittal and that bugged me the most. I walked out of there not knowing anything more than when I walked in. :mad:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.