Crusty Nose

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Maggie's nose has always been a bit dry ... crusty ... scaley looking. so for a long time I've been putting Vasoline on it daily, but it's no longer working.

It's almost as if the vasoline is drying on her nose and causing the crustiness. I think it looks as if I need something that is ultra-moisturizing which to me vasoline is not. It's almost as if vasoline is just like a greasy cover that stops any more moisture getting out???

Does anybody have any recommendations other than vasoline - cos that just isn't working any more!

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
I use Bio oil on Silva pads and nose after her bath, I like it and never had any problems with this product for me or her, Good luck!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I just recently purchased some snout soother from Carolina Pet Pantry after hearing rave things about it from my bully friends. I have only applied it once so far, but seems pretty good. May be worth a shot for you to try it!

www.carolinapetpantry.com

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
That is more than I had to offer, was going to say same as desertsky, although I havent tried it yet either. Whatever you do use and like post for us please cuz I am curious on this one too. So far I have only tried the vaseline and it works alright but not great.

OP
kazzy220

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=1851]Wigglesworth[/MENTION] I actually started to use Aquaphor from a recommendation by a member on another thread ... that stuff is FANTASTIC!!! Maggie's nose now looks fantastic!!

Momma2Bullet

Jan 15, 2011
NE Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullet {booboo}
bag balm......highly recommended. i picked mine up at our local CVS (pharmacy type convienant store) for $10. it's not as wet/greasy as vasaline and works great in just a couple applications! i put it on Bullets nose and sometimes feet pads at night when he is laying in bed. :up:

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
omg yes!!!! i used to use aquaphor, but since i started feeding butler coconut oil, i have not had to moisturize his nose or his paw pads, AT ALL!!! his coat is beautiful and his skin is not flaky, he smells better, and it only took a couple weeks before all these awesome results. i would highly recommend using coconut oil and for the first few days, supplement her nose with aquaphor.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I just bough the Snout Soother sample through the Bully Market for Linus - he has a crusty nose - so I will report back and let everyone know how it works!

Bella Cows Mama

Feb 4, 2011
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella Cow
I clean Bella's wrinkles every night and then apply coconut oil to her forehead, face, nose, and chin. It has really helped soothe and heal her nose and the effects of her allergies that have been getting better by switching foods. Also, I used to breastfeed my children and lanolin is great for moisurizing sensitive cracked and sore areas. I wonder how it would do on a bully's nose?

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
Neosporin (recommended to me by bully vet on SI)

cheap and really effective. doesn't take long, and it exfoliates the dead crust.

I would think you would need to make sure it WASN'T marked pain reducer...for you can use that on chinchillas as well. But the one marked "pain reducer" can kill them...so I wouldn't think it good for a dog either...just my opinion. But...that's a good thought. I use Olive Oil...but am not the fondest of it. Soaking in the tub with the little bit of moister helps get the crusty to loosen up...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.