Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Pee Problems

  1. #1

    Default Pee Problems

    My new 7 week old puppy is squating to pee almost every minute, but only a few drops come out... She was just at the vet today and he said everything was perfect with her... any ideas?

  2. #2
    Feed Store Operator
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    739
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duchess
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: Pee Problems

    Could be a UTI. Does she do it. Very often? I. Batled a uti for 2 months. They squat so low it's. Very easy to pick up bacteria. If its uti she wil need antibiotics.

  3. #3
    The Ultimate Sourmug Sherry's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Denver PA
    Posts
    5,284
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: Pee Problems

    sounds like a UTI , plenty of fresh water and cranberry pills
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

  4. #4
    Potty Trainer Richard Jones's Avatar
    Posts
    56
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nate
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Pee Problems

    Our little boy has bin doing the same thing for two to three months now. No uti. My vet said their bladder is not fully developed until possible four to five months. We take Nate out at least fifty times a day and he still comes in and leaks. We have tried diet, taking his water away, nothing has worked. We are hanging in for now and praying for the best. Our vet just gave us Proin 50mg, but I have heard nothing but bad about it so we may wait alittle longer. I pray every day that our baby is ok. Everybody keeps telling us wait it out and he will adjust. If we do not see an improvement by summer we may take him to a specialist. Good luck and please keep in touch. Your baby is the same age when we got Nate. Bullies are the greatest dogs on this earth. I don't think we will ever have another breed. Take care and our prayer are with you...

  5. #5
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    sheshistory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    3,432
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)
    249

    Default Re: Pee Problems

    Aw, poor baby.

    When you went to the vet did you mention this problem? Because it REALLY sounds like a UTI, in which case a course of antibiotics is usually indicated.

    "I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

  6. #6
    Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Texas Carol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    7,203
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)
    2743

    Default Re: Pee Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Molly Stell View Post
    My new 7 week old puppy is squating to pee almost every minute, but only a few drops come out... She was just at the vet today and he said everything was perfect with her... any ideas?
    ​What food has she been on and/or is on now?


    My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

  7. #7
    Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Texas Carol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    7,203
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)
    2743

    Default Re: Pee Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Jones View Post
    Our little boy has bin doing the same thing for two to three months now. No uti. My vet said their bladder is not fully developed until possible four to five months. We take Nate out at least fifty times a day and he still comes in and leaks. We have tried diet, taking his water away, nothing has worked. We are hanging in for now and praying for the best. Our vet just gave us Proin 50mg, but I have heard nothing but bad about it so we may wait alittle longer. I pray every day that our baby is ok. Everybody keeps telling us wait it out and he will adjust. If we do not see an improvement by summer we may take him to a specialist. Good luck and please keep in touch. Your baby is the same age when we got Nate. Bullies are the greatest dogs on this earth. I don't think we will ever have another breed. Take care and our prayer are with you...
    I hear the worry in your post, am so sorry and absolutely will keep you & bully in prayer.

    Please do not restrict his water tho, that will cause other problems.

    Is he on a grain free food, I would rec'cd it...I will research for remedy, Please let us know!

    I agree w/you, there is nothing like a bully...nothing!


    My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Pee Problems

    She is eating NATURAL CHOICE® WHOLESOME ESSENTIALS™ Puppy Formula ! She is not doing it as bad, so think it's just her trying to get control over her bladder!Any suggestions on a better food or should I just keep her on this? This is the food the breeder had her on!

  9. #9
    Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Texas Carol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    7,203
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)
    2743

    Default Re: Pee Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Molly Stell View Post
    She is eating NATURAL CHOICE® WHOLESOME ESSENTIALS™ Puppy Formula ! She is not doing it as bad, so think it's just her trying to get control over her bladder!Any suggestions on a better food or should I just keep her on this? This is the food the breeder had her on!

    It's not the worst but there are better choices, it could be causing her problems. The 1st FIVE ingredients
    are not rec'cd for EB's. There are articles here about best puppy food, etc and also a puppy group here
    that you might want to join as all things related to puppies are discussed. Grain free is best for any dog/cat
    and chicken is an allergen for many bullies. Not slamming your breeder but 7 weeks seems a little early to
    release the pups from Mom. I'll tag others to your post for more advice @cowsmom @Davidh @Sherry @AFBD


    My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

  10. #10
    Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Davidh's Avatar
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    13,247
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)
    1557

    Default Re: Pee Problems

    Well I agree 7 weeks is too early to release a pup from mom. That being said he should be able to hold his pee for at least an hour at a time. Trying to pee every 5 minutes or so just doesn't sound right and I think I'd try a different vet. Rule of thumb is they can usually hold their pee an hour per month of age. So when he is 4 months should be able to hold it 4 hours.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie


  11. #11
    Potty Trainer Richard Jones's Avatar
    Posts
    56
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nate
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Pee Problems

    We had an ultrasound, blood work and urine samples taken, slight UTI, but everything has checked out good. We are going to wait and see how he progresses.

  12. #12
    Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Texas Carol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    7,203
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)
    2743

    Default Re: Pee Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Jones View Post
    We had an ultrasound, blood work and urine samples taken, slight UTI, but everything has checked out good. We are going to wait and see how he progresses.
    ​Great to hear and thanks for updating us...give that sweet boy a kiss & hug for me!


    My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •