Help Needed! WORMS!

brwneyes6269

Jan 5, 2013
Union, South Carolina, United States
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston, Caroline and Piper
okay Oliver has worms and has been given meds 2 times already in last 2 weeks, today I noticed Emily has them in her poop too. What do you use on a regular basis that isn't expensive? My hubby is ready to get rid of Oliver because of him passing the worms to Emily because of her age. I love both my bullies and wanna get to the bottom of this worm business. i know I can call vet and get meds but she is an hour away now. Anything that they sell at a petstore work? Emily has NEVER had worms in her entire life at every vet visit she has been cleared...she is 7 years old and now getting worms!
HELP!

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
No clue but I hope your hubby relaxes n realizes its not Oliver's fault :( I'm sure he wouldn't want you getting rid of him if he gave you the flu would he????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
brwneyes6269

brwneyes6269

Jan 5, 2013
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
No he wouldn't and he realizes it's not his fault he just doesn't want Emily getting sick from worms. I don't either but I am willing to treat them both just like I do with flea treatments. I'm going to call vet and see if they will sell me something without having to take them in, i kinda doubt it tho....maybe they will just let me take a stool sample ( YUK!):eek:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
you should identify the type of worm, do they have fleas? post a picture or google canine worms and identify them. you can then worm them at home yourself with over the counter wormer. follow the directions on the box.

OP
brwneyes6269

brwneyes6269

Jan 5, 2013
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
they do not have fleas but he did have them when i got him. They are little rice looking ones at the surface of the poop. I think they are tapeworms but not sure.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
No clue but I hope your hubby relaxes n realizes its not Oliver's fault :( I'm sure he wouldn't want you getting rid of him if he gave you the flu would he????

That's funny!

Yes tell hubby worms are usually not a big deal, but you have to get them treated 3 times in order to kill the hatching eggs before they grow big enough to produce eggs. Two times can do it but I would do 3 to be sure it's all clear. Depending on the type of worms will depend on the medicine at petsmart.

Also make sure to remove poop from the yard as soon as they do it.

Good luck and keep us posted, I'm sure hubby didn't mean it xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Yes that sounds like the tapeworms which come from ingesting flea eggs I believe! Do you use Advantix or other flea products? It would help along with the dewormer. The worms are coming back and spreading to your other bullie bc there is still fleas present. You can also give some probiotic to boost both of their immune system as the worms feed on them. You can use dewormer (not sure of brand) from pet store. I use Advantix Flea and tick on my pups :) hope everything gets better.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
tapeworms require you rid the fleas also or the keep ingesting the flea, tapeworms can grow to be very large, the flat pieces you are finding may only be pieces of the worms. they eat the nutrients of the stomach . rid the fleas in the house and lawn also. there's an enzyme that you can spray on the lawn that will eat the flea egg. keep on top of these critters

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Try calling your vet. I kno with my vet as long as theyve seen Meeko within the last few months and you can tell them their weights for correct dosage will let you pay by card over the phone and post them to you if you struggle to get there. Maybe ring and ask if your vet can do this & explain the problem.

I wouldnt use any meds other than vet treatment as theyr usually rubbish and the money you end up spending buying more and more to get rid of worms you can buy 1 dose of vets worm tablets and they work. ( although my vet did reccomend a second dose too just to make sure it had cleared out all new eggs too and no more had hatched since last treatment)

Good luck & i hope your Hubby sees sense soon and ur babies are ok xxxx :hug2:

OP
brwneyes6269

brwneyes6269

Jan 5, 2013
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
they do not have fleas, I use frontline plus on both dogs, he had fleas when I got him but not anymore, I treated him the first day with treatment and a good bath. I haven't seen any on him since then. We are in the process of moving so I'm going to give him his 2nd dose of roundworm meds and her the 1st does so I hope it helps. If not then I will be in touch with the vet about the worms YUK!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.