Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Meekos Mommy, I had Bulldozer neutered 5 months ago, when he was 7 months old, and he didn't have any swelling or redness, at all, he didn't even have any pink colour, not even in his stitches area. I would definitely have the vet take a look, just to be on the safe side, especially because if he's on pain meds, he probably isn't feeling any pain, but it still could be an infection or an allergic reaction to the stitches or the surgery. Poor little guy, hope it's nothing serious and just swelling and it goes down. Good luck at the vets tomorrow, and keep us posted on what he says. Feel better Meeko

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Yes please let its know what the vet says! Sending positive thoughts and wishes your way!

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I'm sorry. That wasn't my intention at all.

Bev, you were right to say what you did, it was clear what your intention was,
we need and want truth, that is just ONE of what makes EBN so great and so
different from the other sites.

I, too, was concerned but couldn't remember how swollen things get (or not)
so didn't want to create concern when none was needed. But I sure prayed
over this little guy and woke up earlier am & rushed here to see if the concensus
was...it was normal. Sure will be interested to hear what vet says and I know
all this will help these newbies that will be going thru this soon w/their boys.
:love: Luv you much! Carol

OP
MeekosMummy

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Thanks all i will let you all know asap. Im at the vets now waiting for it to open at 8. I woke up checked Meekos wound and im horrified i shouldnt of waited until his appointment today i should of gone with my doubts and took him straight in yesterday but my Hubby was saying im over reactin and being paranoid :bang:... This is what it looks like today my poor Meeko

20130208_073746.jpg

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Thanks all i will let you all know asap. Im at the vets now waiting for it to open at 8. I woke up checked Meekos wound and im horrified i shouldnt of waited until his appointment today i should of gone with my doubts and took him straight in yesterday but my Hubby was saying im over reactin and being paranoid :bang:... This is what it looks like today my poor Meeko

View attachment 36789

Poor Meeko...I am continuing to pray for him and strength & comfort for you, Hun.

Hoping that antibiotics fix him right up and very soon, he's back to his sweet self.

​Please let us know what vet says is going on.

OP
MeekosMummy

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
She said its a Heama something lol. Its ok the actual wound is healing fine she said its just bruising bad and had a reaction from something. Hes got antibiotics and anti inflamatories and pain relief and we have to go back in a few days. X

OP
MeekosMummy

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
And i would like to thank all of you for your help and support.. Youve all been so great i really apreciate it *big hugs* :hug2:

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky

View attachment 36789

Omg :( it looks almost like they filled with blood :( poor guy here's to hoping n praying its just a quick drain n he's golden after the vet appt!!!!!!

Ps I learned a while ago go with my gut n not my guy lol it seems like the bully daddy's who aren't on here don't see the red flags that we all do!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
MeekosMummy

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Ps I learned a while ago go with my gut n not my guy lol it seems like the bully daddy's who aren't on here don't see the red flags that we all do!!!!!

Hahaha this is the greatest advice ive ever been given :ROFL: ... Im definatly going to use it from now on :2thumbs:

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
She said its a Heama something lol. Its ok the actual wound is healing fine she said its just bruising bad and had a reaction from something. Hes got antibiotics and anti inflamatories and pain relief and we have to go back in a few days. X

Ahhhh I missed this one soo glad he's ok :) poor boy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus

View attachment 36789

I know this isn't a pretty sight, but actually I was more concerned with yesterday's pic. I'm not saying he doesn't need to see the vet, so please still take him. This to me looks like bruising under the skin though. Like the blood from a bad bruise comes to the surface. Keeping my fingers crossed that's all it is.

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus

Oops! I posted before I saw this, sorry! Glad that's all it is. A hematoma? Not sure if that's how it's spelled lol.

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
Yeah, hematoma is just a fancy word for bruise. I don't know why doctors and vets can't just speak plain english! Maybe it's all them thar fancy words that make'em charge so much. ;)

but, I am very glad that Meeko seems to be getting better and has some medications. I have to say, that first picture definitely is not normal! I guess we were lucky, my dog had very little swelling at all when we neutered him, and he's never even missed them! Meeko looked more like he belonged in the rodent family than the canine.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.