Help Needed! is this normal after op?!

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Meeko was neutered yesterday. I knew he would be a bit swollen and sore but the area looks like hes had some sort of reaction and its gone HUGE .. Like the size of a tennis ball .. Heres some pics. He has his 2day check up tomorrow but if its not supposed to look like that il go back in this afternoon

Sorry for the rude pics lol ... WARNING: Cover all female bullies eyes im protectin poor Meekos dignity ..they dont need to see this :ROFL:

20130207_083900.jpg
20130207_083829.jpg

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
It's been so long that I've had a male puppy that I can't remember.

Just wanted to send a hug
:lubu: and let you know I'll pray for Meeko's health
and no complications. Hate it when we're worried about our babies :(

Someone will be here to give advice, soon...hang on, Honey!

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
wow that is alarmingly big. We have a baby girl so I dont know how swollen 'things' get, but i hope he feels better soon! and i wanted to bump this up this morning for those who have baby boys.

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Remi had a swollen ball inside one of the stitch sites, but it was no where near that big. I thought perhaps there was a leftover testicle!! But the vet said that it was probably a reaction to the stitches and would go down on its own, and it did.

Is it hot to the touch?? If yes, call the vet. If not, that is big enough I would call the vet ASAP anyway. In case there is an infection of some sort.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
I did not have that with Otis, I would call the vet and get their opinion.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Cutty had huge swollen balls. Just making sure what I am seeing, that is his balls, not his wee wee? I remember someone had to have them drained or something cuz the swelling was too much.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
We had a foster once who swelled up like that after surgery. The infection was so bad that the sack needed to be removed completely. I'm not saying that to scare you but you really should have the doctor take a look at it.

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
Ruckus was just neutered in Dec. he had slight swelling that was barely noticeable. I would at least call the vet and see what the say.

OP
MeekosMummy

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Wow [MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] ... That frightened me more than a little bit!!
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] i think its defo his balls.. He has been doin normal wee wee's today.

I phoned the vets and tried to describe it to them and they said because he does not seem in any pain or discomfort and his appointment is at 10am tomorrow anyway that he should be ok to wait til the morning. But if he starts to seem uncomfortable or in pain then to take him straight in ... My poor boy :-( xx

OP
MeekosMummy

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
I know its not your fault im glad you told me! Im a worrier at the best of times when it comes to my boy you should of seen the state of me yesterday waiting to hear the surgery went ok lol x

PenelopeRosebud

Sep 26, 2012
Coquitlam, BC
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Rosebud & Bulldozer Bawss
Hi [MENTION=6330]MeekosMummy[/MENTION] We had our 10 month old Dozer neutered 2 weeks ago and didn't look like this. His furry little nuttersac was empty and deflated looking. There was not swelling or redness except for slight pink around the stitches. He also had laser treatment to speed the healing. Poor little Meeko looks swollen and sore to me.

Bully hugs from afar..

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
It looks like a fluid buildup or elephantiasis in skin ppl term lol the question is infection??? I hope all goes well tomorrow n let us know how he is doing :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I know its not your fault im glad you told me! Im a worrier at the best of times when it comes to my boy you should of seen the state of me yesterday waiting to hear the surgery went ok lol x

I'd get a little ice on that for his comfort if nothing else, until you see the vet tomorrow.

wouldtick

Jul 22, 2012
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Barley's Rainbow Cupcake
Wow, i am never going to have that surgery done now. Don't tell my wife.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.