Help Needed! Has anyone given their Bully this for a yeast infection of the skin?

Wayne Sorensen

Jan 18, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
ketoconazole 200 mg tabs

My vet gave me this prescript and I'm debating whether or not to fill it because I don't want her to be dependent on it to curb the infection or worse yet, have her have a bad reaction to it.

santinomom

Jan 22, 2013
Rochester, New York
Bulldog(s) Names
Santino
Yes, I have used it several times to control a flair up of yeast on my boys face. it works wonders and I highly recommend it to get it under control. After you've controlled the yeast problem, discontinue the use until the next flair up. I always keep it on hand for my bully. I had no problem with any side effects.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas just got off this medication along with an antibiotic, he was on it for 3 weeks due to a bad yeast/bacterial infection. The meds worked great. Vegas had no reactions to either meds.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
So did you give it to Bella? any reactions?? Just wondering. She wont become dependent on it, it is just a little extra boost to get rid of the infection. Vegas is almost 4 and had to only be on it a few times.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes if there is an infection certainly treat it, the colony must be defeated before you can practice prevention

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

OP
Wayne Sorensen

Wayne Sorensen

Jan 18, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Great to know guys, thanks. I'll fill the prescription today. I have a scheduled vet appointment today so maybe I can get another prescription and stockpile the meds. I noticed the other day that 3 of her paws are swollen and are oozing puss. I found that they're cysts. Poor thing she barely walks around, I have to keep her doped up on Benadryl to keep her comfortable and she sleeps all the time. Can't take her for walks or anything, it sucks.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Ouch. Once you get the infection control you need to focus on whatever the cause is.

Both those symptoms scream allergy to me. What are you currently feeding .... always a good place to start although there are environmental causes too.

OP
Wayne Sorensen

Wayne Sorensen

Jan 18, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
kazzy, we're feeding her Natures Variety's Instinct Raw boost Duck formula. She had these issues when we got her about 7 weeks ago. We know she was on a crummy diet beforehand and Natures Variety came highly recommended to help clear her issues up. But so far, although we see slight improvement, its not happening quick enough. We have a 25lb bag that should last into March if at that time she hasn't shown significant improvement I'm gonna do the completely raw diet.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.