General Question New Foster Boy - Heart Worms

wendykerr

Jun 3, 2012
Cibolo, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Larry aka Lawrence Tiberius
Here is my new foster boy, Bruno :)

We know he has heart worms and I suspect he has some palette and eye issues. We have our vet appointment on Friday.

My question is, does anyone recommend anything special I should do for him? I've done all the research on the treatments... Just wondering if anyone has any advice on extras I should be doing?

Thanks!

DSC00654.jpg

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I'm not sure on this one but with all of that going on, I'd just follow the vet instructions carefully and hope for a smooth road to a healthier bully! Good luck!

flkjr2

Nov 24, 2012
Florissant, Missouri
Bulldog(s) Names
Z
Bruno is a awesome looking bulldog!!! Sheshistory gave you the best advice...do what the vets says and I hope he gets well soon!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You can use some Visine (sp?) on his eyes to keep them moist and sooth any irritation for him..... squirt some (plastic lemon in produce section) lemon juice in his mouth to help with the palette/mucus build up. Heartworms is all meds... not sure other than LOTS of luvin' to help him adjust.

Thank you for forsetering!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
You will do fine, just plenty of love. We will be hoping for the best on the heart worm treatment. He is a handsome boy also.

L

Lucy-licious

He is beautiful....lots of extra hugs and loving xx

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
He is beautiful! Good luck with the vet visit. Ours for our rescue girl is a week from Thursday. Has he started heart worm treatment yet? My daughter has a lot of experience with that with her fosters and rescues.

htracewell

Mar 29, 2014
Hi! I recently adopted a bulldog who has heart worms. My very is researching treatments. Keep me posted on what your vet says!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
wow beautiful boy! wish you both all the best on all his issues. hope he gets better soon!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.