General Question Hudson started limping on his back leg last night...

Savannah Boy

Jan 25, 2012
Brunswick, GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hudson
And it progressed to him putting no weight at all on that leg, then to not even putting it down and doing the three legged thing. Needless to say, we were very upset and reviewed different things on here and called his vet at 11:30, and they suggested we try baby aspirin.

This morning everything was back to normal, and he was tearing around the house and yard as normal. I believed it must have been a bruised muscle or something because rubbing his legs and hips caused no reaction. After sitting down for a couple of hours, he's now favoring his back left leg again. I have no idea what this could be unless it's inflammation related to a pinched nerve or something.

He wasn't in an accident or anything, and hasn't had any falls or anything like that.

Any advice?

Last edited:
OP
Savannah Boy

Savannah Boy

Jan 25, 2012
Brunswick, GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hudson
Just FYI, he's less than 2 years old, has been neutered, and has been on medicine for allergies for about 6 months. No changes with any of that.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
He could have just moved the wrong way and maybe a light sprain! If he is no longer limping I wouldnt worry to much but if it continues maybe a xray! Hope all goes well!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He could have just moved the wrong way and maybe a light sprain! If he is no longer limping I wouldnt worry to much but if it continues maybe a xray! Hope all goes well!

Agreed! ^^^^

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Hope it gets better soon. He could have just pulled something or bruised a pad.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree with all the great advice above. Just keep an eye on him, and see if it continues to improve, but if he continues to favour that leg, then a trip to the vet for a check up and X-ray to rule out anything would be a good idea. He might have jumped from a bed or couch and landed a little hard, or bruised his paw, or muscle. Or maybe he slept on it the wrong way, my female Blossom, woke up one morning a couple of months ago, and she had been sleeping on her side all night, when I took her out for her morning duties, she was walking funny on her back leg for a little while after she woke up. It was probably from lying on it the wrong way, or it was asleep, after a short while, she was walking normal on it again, and hasn't had it since. Hoping its nothing serious, and it gets better. Feel better Hudson , and keep us posted on how he's doing.

OP
Savannah Boy

Savannah Boy

Jan 25, 2012
Brunswick, GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hudson
After a vet vist and fond farewell to $240, it was determined that Hudson has either sprained or partially torn the ligament in his back left knee. We got the generic version of Ramadyl(sp?), and he's under strict orders not to play or jump on furniture. So we put his Cooleroo bed together and he's just watching television now, more than a little depressed because his ball and other chase toys have been impounded.

Thank you all soooo much. I couldn't love a child more that we love him, and seeing him limping and in pain was agony for my soul.

OP
Savannah Boy

Savannah Boy

Jan 25, 2012
Brunswick, GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hudson
Hudson is getting around a lot better now. He's still on limited duty, but we've noticed a popping sound when he walks. He has a vet visit tomorrow or Tuesday. Will post an update afterwards.

Kimo boyz mama

Mar 3, 2013
Los Gatos, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Kimo and Ollie (brothers, 1 yr apart)
Hudson is getting around a lot better now. He's still on limited duty, but we've noticed a popping sound when he walks. He has a vet visit tomorrow or Tuesday. Will post an update afterwards.

Hi there! My Kimo is 4 mo old, and he too has an apparent sprain like your Hudson. The X-rays didn't show anything, but we were given pain meds too. How long did it take for Hudson to stop limping? Kimo has been limping since Fri and he has been on meds since Mon. I have no idea what he did to injure himself except play hard maybe. I know he did not fall from anything. Hope that popping sound went away? Thanks for your comments. This board helps with our bullies!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
this is my experience with Abby: she slightly tore her acl. The Vet wanted to do surgery, however we opted to give her rimadyl for a while and see what happened. That was about 8 years ago. She just passed, so she lead a great life for 8 years w/o surgery. We kept rimadyl on hand for when she over did it. Limited her activity. She would still play etc....however we knew when she had had enough and put her balls and toys in "time out" It never seemed to limit her to the point Surgery was a necessity.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.