General Question In need of suggestions for Over the counter meds for Joints

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Im wanting to say cowsmom was the one telling me about vitamins i can buy at pet stores for joints. I am in need of suggestions on what is best for stiff joints. Tank injured his acl as a pup and it does flare up at times. Vet said that the sockets and joints have fluid in them and he dont have as much in his so she put him on S3 sorft chews Synovial support supplement. We are almost out of those but honestly i havent seen much change. We have noticed that its been bothering him a lot since the cold moved in. Any suggestions of a good supplement to help him out? Hes also on pain meds for flare ups also is it possible that arthritis is setting in where the injury was? He is 2. We are going to be making a appointment with Dr. Navis for a second opinion/consult on his back leg. Ive been told that he is the best bully vet in the chicagoland area. We will have to travel a hour to see him though so we wont be able to for a few more weeks.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I swear by a product called Regenex, it's liquid and you put it right on the food. I will PM you the site

LucysMum

Mar 26, 2011
S. New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
I use cosequin (I get it at the vet) and I noticed an improvement in Lucy and I would be hesitant to take her off this product. She had knee surgery as a pup and has developed some arthritis in her knee. She is 4 now but the arthritis started shortly after her surgery. Anyway, whatever you use (glucosamine/chondrortrin/supplement) you want to make sure you give it enough time to work. I think the label on cosequin said it could take about 3 months to reach the full effect.

Also, you want to make sure you don't have to give a higher dose up front and taper off. All of that should be in the instructions.

I hope you find something that works. I am going to go google regenex now! [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION].

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I use cosequin (I get it at the vet) and I noticed an improvement in Lucy and I would be hesitant to take her off this product. She had knee surgery as a pup and has developed some arthritis in her knee. She is 4 now but the arthritis started shortly after her surgery. Anyway, whatever you use (glucosamine/chondrortrin/supplement) you want to make sure you give it enough time to work. I think the label on cosequin said it could take about 3 months to reach the full effect.

Also, you want to make sure you don't have to give a higher dose up front and taper off. All of that should be in the instructions.

I hope you find something that works. I am going to go google regenex now! [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION].

His now is a glucosamine one hes been on it for about a year. He gets 2 a day.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

LucysMum

Mar 26, 2011
S. New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
His now is a glucosamine one hes been on it for about a year. He gets 2 a day.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Yea, I think a year is a more that a fair "trial"! Since I am such a believer in the glucosmine/chondrortrin supplement for a dog with arthritis I would give it one more try with a different brand. I would think 2 to 3 months should be a good time indicator that it is working or not! Sherry and jakeisgreat give some good suggestions. Good luck. Keep us posted!

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Yea, I think a year is a more that a fair "trial"! Since I am such a believer in the glucosmine/chondrortrin supplement for a dog with arthritis I would give it one more try with a different brand. I would think 2 to 3 months should be a good time indicator that it is working or not! Sherry and jakeisgreat give some good suggestions. Good luck. Keep us posted!

I'm hoping to pick something new up this week as he has about a week left of what we got. His hind leg was bothering him so much last night that even with a pain pill he couldn't get on my bed. He's kenneled for today with another pain pill I'm hoping that it will help if he stays off it.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online