Help Needed! Rash in private area

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
Rumble has developed a rash down by his privates. It is red and irritated but we cannot see any bumps. It also does not appear to be warm I have tried to get pictures but Rumble is not cooperating. Any ideas on something we can do to help it go away?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
clean the area real good with a wet wash cloth and antibacterial soap, rinse dry and put a dab of Desitin on the area
post a pic if you can before and after, it may help us

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] has given you some good advise. Hope it gets better soon.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm not sure what it could be, without a picture, but agree with the advice above, give it a good cleaning, or give him a bath, and put some Desitin cream on the area , maybe he's gotten some pee on himself and its irritated his skin. Is there anything outside that he could have come in contact with, such as plants, weeds, or something else he might be allergic to? If it could be an allergic reaction to something, then you could try a Benadryl and see if it helps. I hope it's nothing serious and he feels better soon. Keep us posted

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Does he squat like a girl when he pee's? At times Vegas (that does squat like a girl) will get a rash, depends on the season. I think it is from the grass, I just wash with a warm wash cloth, antibacterial soap and use over the counter cortizone cream on it and the rash goes away in a couple of days.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Great advice above, keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

OP
tiffykay06

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Does he squat like a girl when he pee's? At times Vegas (that does squat like a girl) will get a rash, depends on the season. I think it is from the grass, I just wash with a warm wash cloth, antibacterial soap and use over the counter cortizone cream on it and the rash goes away in a couple of days.

He does squat like a girl. We have tried washing it but no luck. We are very dry right now in Oklahoma but we have been dry for a while and the rash is new. It doesnt seem to be bothering him but I am concerned. I will try some cortisone cream or desiring and let you know how it goes. Do you keep putting cream on daily until it goes away?

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
He does squat like a girl. We have tried washing it but no luck. We are very dry right now in Oklahoma but we have been dry for a while and the rash is new. It doesnt seem to be bothering him but I am concerned. I will try some cortisone cream or desiring and let you know how it goes. Do you keep putting cream on daily until it goes away?

Yes I wash couple times a day and put the cortisone on 2-3 times a day until it goes away, usually around 3 days. It is very dry here in FL. too have not had rain in weeks and weeks, Pollen count has been high 9-10s for weeks, All that plays into allergies.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Brutus just finally learned to lift his leg without falling over and he is 19 months LOL Desitin is the best thing and works for many different things :)

OP
tiffykay06

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Still unable to get any pictures of the rash. It took both my husband and I to hold Rumble down last night to put the cream on. We have started to put this on 2 - 3 times a day after washing him so hopefully this will make a difference! The rash does not seem to both him at all which is good but I still want it to go away. Will update again after a couple days. Thank you for all of the advice!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.