Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jen
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ???
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: umblilical hernia ?

Thanks everyone you've been a lot of help.I will talk to them amd find out how often they have had this happen. Would it be inapprorpriate to ask to speak with their vet about this? I kind of feel like since he is supposed to be a show prospect and since , don't mean to sound like an a$$ , they are asking a pretty penny for him, that Im entitled to as much info as I can get. Someone please let me know if this is in anyway rude or wrong.
    If tears could build a staircase and happy memories a lane, I could walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again!

Potty Trainer Become a 4 Paw Member RAKA Bulldogs's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michelle
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Oscar
    Likes (Received)

It's an easy fix, can be done with neutering, which is good because putting your bulldog out once is bad enough, but having to do it twice is not something we want to do. I've heard too that it can be hereditary, and can also be caused by Mom with the grooming.

If you are paying a pretty penny, then I think, yes, you should be allowed to ask any question, and speak to the vet. If they are reputable and good breeders, they shouldn't have an issue.

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jen
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ???
    Likes (Received)

@RAKA Bulldogs Thanks. I don't want to come off as rude and I've never bought a bulldog from a breeder before so I'm not sure what i should/ shouldn't do. Thankfully they are having it done Monday, so I don't have to worry about putting him under especially since getting him fixed isn't in the plans for quite a while as I hope to show him. Btw that pup of yours is gorgeous!! We haven't met yet. I'm Jen .
    Last edited by dozersmama; 02-03-2013 at 12:37 AM.
    If tears could build a staircase and happy memories a lane, I could walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again!

Potty Trainer Become a 4 Paw Member RAKA Bulldogs's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michelle
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Oscar
    Likes (Received)

Thanks Jen, Oscar is a ham, and unfortunately, I think he's realizing it, and he's gonna run with it! LOL... I wish your baby the best - keep us posted. I think you should still speak to their vet, and ask if he or she thinks it's a hereditary issue. Again, I bet if you speak to 50 vets, the consensus is going to be 50/50!

Doggie Boutique Owner porkysmamma's Avatar
    Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porkchop aka Porky
    Likes (Received)

Porky had one too hers was according to the vet "above mild but not serious" it was fixed when she was spayed n she's all good now no worries n kudos to ur breeder for wanting it repaired b4 ur baby went home!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Never knew what our lives were missing until we found our princess

Doggie Boutique Owner porkysmamma's Avatar
    Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porkchop aka Porky
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RAKA Bulldogs View Post
    Thanks Jen, Oscar is a ham, and unfortunately, I think he's realizing it, and he's gonna run with it! LOL... I wish your baby the best - keep us posted. I think you should still speak to their vet, and ask if he or she thinks it's a hereditary issue. Again, I bet if you speak to 50 vets, the consensus is going to be 50/50!
    Lol ^ agree 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Never knew what our lives were missing until we found our princess

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fergus
    Likes (Received)

I totally understand how you feel dozersmama my bully pup Fergus is 11 weeks old and we were told when we picked him up he had a small umbilical hernia. We decided to wait to get it fixed with his neutering procedure. Breeder offered to pay for it as long as it was done at her vet who specializes in bulldogs. The vet told me it was very common and not to worry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads