Help Needed! Black dot on Remi's eyelid

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Got an issue here. In a matter of 2 weeks, this dot on Remi's eye went from a super small dot, to this. What the heck is this? Time for the vet?

I've picked at it a little and it appears to be like some kind of mole.

(@JeannieCO - tear stains improved here also)

blackdot.jpg

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Give sweet (lol) Remi a big kiss & hug from me, He sounds like he is doing
really well w/his training...so proud of him. Keeping y'all in prayer,
:pray:

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
Got an issue here. In a matter of 2 weeks, this dot on Remi's eye went from a super small dot, to this. What the heck is this? Time for the vet?

I've picked at it a little and it appears to be like some kind of mole.

(@JeannieCO - tear stains improved here also)

View attachment 36345
Hiya!

I am by no means an expert, but Layla had a similar situation. As a wee puppy she only had a single small black "tear" on her one eye. We named it "one for her homies" LOL! As she grew, the pigment really expanded and I guess as she matured her pigmentation darkened and spread to be a large brown spot on her otherwise white fur.

Since you say this is raised, and appears to be on the rim of his lower eyelid, Layla ALSO had a bump thing as a puppy on the lower rim of her eye. It was reddish though, and it got kind of big. It didn't seem to bother her, but I took her to the vet anyway. My vet said not to worry at all, it was just a clogged pore basically. She told me it would likely go away on its own. I was skeptical but I just left it and do you know what? It totally went away eventually. Layla was around 8 months at the time, and I actually don't remember when it went away. In fact I kind of forgot about it until I read your post!

Is it leaking or bothering him? Trust your gut, take him in if you feel something isn't right, but I just wanted to share my experience with you. :)

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
I am certainly not an expert on Bulldog eye issues but it looks to me like normal pigment coming in around his right eye. His left eye has black pigment around it, the right eye pigment is coming in later.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Jack my non bully had the exact same pigment when he was about 4 months. It's like it was coming from in the inside of the eye and wrapping around the lid. It kept getting bigger and bigger (not raised though). Remi's just fine I'm sure.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks had something similar.... as others have said, just some pigment Banks did become raised and is kid of like you said 'mole' under her fur

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Here's a picture I just took of Jack. The red arrow is where it first started to appear and like I said it came from the inside and the pigment spread out and along his eyelid.

image-24_zps3f3c0c76.jpg

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
oh wow, looks like it belongs there too, wellll ,,,, I guess it does. he's so handsome :luv:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
My Blossom also has a spot in the corner of her eye, and it's just a different pigment than the rest of her eye. You said that you picked it at it, was it raised, was it soft or hard tissue, was it movable or just a different colour or pigment of the skin?. If its just a differnt colour then it's probably nothing to worry about, but if it is raised, has a crusty texture, or has any kind of oozing then it could be a mole. If you are worried about it, then a trip to the vet never hurts. It's always best to go with your gut if you think something is not right and get it checked out, then you will know for sure.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Just going by the photo I think it's just pigment, and super cute too, but if you think it's something else certainly show it to your vet. From wee pups they have no black on their faces at all, it fills in as they grow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
Luca had the same exact thing. Started as a small black dot and after a couple months he has the Robert smith eye liner thing goin on. Don't swet it, just watch it grow.

OP
ModernFemme

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Thanks everyone. The more I look at it the more it seems like pigment coming in. This should be interesting :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online