Help Needed! Vomiting?

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
Matilda spent most of the night throwing up... I woke up to vomit on my sheets, clothes, and IN MY HAIR :cursing:

She seems fine now, but it was so out of no where that I want her to take it easy... I think she just ate something weird. She's playing but hasn't eaten at all today (which is so unlike her!)

How do you decide if it's okay now or if she needs a vet visit?

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
If they are not eating and have the runs and also not acting like themselves then I would take to the vet. If she is eating, poop is solid and she has the energy to play then I would bet she ate something that didnt agree with her. It may be that after an upset stomach it just may take her tell later on today to eat. I hope she gets better soon!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Seems like she just has a little tummy bug, she may eat tonight and hope she is better tomorrow. I'm assuming her poop is normal, since you did not say anyhing about it. As long as she is drinking water, she should be fine.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I agree with others.... she how she is tomorrow and also maybe only give her a little bit of food for breakfast and she how it sits. Let us know how she is

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
So I just got a call from my mom that Petunia threw up all her breakfast...but she apparently pooped normal today and is otherwise acting normal. Should I be concerned or could this be some type of stomach bug?

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

So many reasons for bullies to throw up. Many is not most bullies "gulp" their food, that is they do not chew. Because of this they ingest a lot of air. Sometimes the "burp" of just the air is below and behind the food and the food gets expelled. If what was thrown up was right after eating and looks just like wet slimy undigested food, less of a concern. If your bully does this often, there is reason to be concerned. Like when people throw up often (bulimia) the esophagus get raw and can cause other problems.

Because bullies like to eat some much oddities (sticks, rocks, cat poop, dog poop, grass, toys, clothing...etc), if what the dog throws up contains any of THESE items....some reason for concern. Closely monitor for other vomiting and any change in poop.

If however the vomit becomes mostly water and becomes very often...an even after drinking just water, AND if the vomit liquid has a coffee color with what looks like coffee grounds....URGENTLY go to the vet for x-rays and ultrasound. This could be an obstruction. Not trying to scare anyone....just education.

Good Day~

Members online

No members online now.