Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
\

yes it did come back positive :( , but the vet said we are lucky we brought him in when we did. he is amazing.. doing so much better at home.. he is on antibitoics and pepcid for a bit. then we have to do a diet change. I think I may try the praire line of NVI. I looked at the NVI instinct and the fat content was higher than others but still not that high so just praying with good research I make the right choice for his diet needs.

going to keep him nice and quiet with us for a few days so he can recover. he wants to play and run around but of course the vet keeps saying to keep him calm for a few more so we are following orders. I can tell he is still very tired.. its so sad he falls asleep and wakes up pops his head up almost to make sure we are here..

thanks again for all of the support! :D

poor Baby Duke, looks so tired. keep up the good work mum. ;)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
aw @BabyDuke ive been gone for a few days but if you will tell me which nvi he is on then i can maybe help find something else. you also may want to consider canned food to be added to his nvi. you could do some nvi and the rest canned food. canned food is low fat and low sodium just a thought. please let me know so i can help you with this. i hate being away and all this going on with you and your baby. :cry: hugs and kisses to you and him. :hug:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Dukeafterhospital_zpse625b2c1.jpg

Duke says thank you .. he is sleeping sitting up but doing much better!!! :2thumbs:
So glad to see he's doing better. :)

OP
BabyDuke

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
aw @BabyDuke ive been gone for a few days but if you will tell me which nvi he is on then i can maybe help find something else. you also may want to consider canned food to be added to his nvi. you could do some nvi and the rest canned food. canned food is low fat and low sodium just a thought. please let me know so i can help you with this. i hate being away and all this going on with you and your baby. :cry: hugs and kisses to you and him. :hug:

thank you as I am still undecided what to do ??

he was on NVI beef ( canned ) and the turkey and duck dry ..
now they said I have to choose something lower in fat?

I called them and they said I could try the praire line ?? I just don't want to do anything wrong.. it was awful to see him go through this..

thanks again!! Love, Karen and Duke

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
thank you as I am still undecided what to do ??

he was on NVI beef ( canned ) and the turkey and duck dry ..
now they said I have to choose something lower in fat?

I called them and they said I could try the praire line ?? I just don't want to do anything wrong.. it was awful to see him go through this..

thanks again!! Love, Karen and Duke
well i have to get ready for the superbowl today and work tomorrow but i will see what i can find. did they give you a number of fat so i know what they want. like 10 percent fat or what

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
If he can eat veggies, do you think it would be alright to add extra cooked veggies to his meal and cut back a little on the kibble serving? just a thought. that way the amount of fat calories would be less

OP
BabyDuke

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
well i have to get ready for the superbowl today and work tomorrow but i will see what i can find. did they give you a number of fat so i know what they want. like 10 percent fat or what

thanks no rush. I am going to call the vet tomorrow to get specifics.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm sorry I'm late on this thread, Karen. What an ordeal Duke and you have gone thru. I'm so happy to know he's improving. I know you will find the right food for him, just gonna take some time. Please give him a big kiss from his buddies Tate and Finn.:muah2:

Members online

No members online now.