OP
BabyDuke

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
sorry i am late to this but i'm glad that he is home where he belongs.

For the first few days feed him several small meals a day. If you can, try 4 or 5 small meals then slowly decrease the feedings over the next week or 2 until he is back to his normal twice a day. He not only needs low fat but low sodium as well. If he will eat it, mix some spinach into his ground beef and rice. Spinach is high in the iron and vitamin b that his pancreas needs to heal. Blueberries for treats too if he will eat them. The berries will help heal any cell damage that was done by this episode and prevent any further damage during the healing process.

thank you so much!!!!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
So good to hear he's feeling better. I hope you find the right way to feed him and he'll be gat to his normal self in no time!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
So glad to hear the good news, I'm glad Duke is feeling better. There's nothing like love of mom and dad, lots of TLC, and being home, that and a good low fat diet, and 2 or 3 smaller meals should bring him back to his usual self. Hope he continues to improve , feel better Duke. Keep us posted on his recovery and progress.

PapaSmurf2

Bike riding, bully loving soldier
Jan 21, 2013
Hattiesburg MS
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
AWESOME that Duke is doing better. We'll continue to send prayers your way for a quick and easy recovery.

OP
BabyDuke

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Dukeafterhospital_zpse625b2c1.jpg

Duke says thank you .. he is sleeping sitting up but doing much better!!! :2thumbs:

LucysMum

Mar 26, 2011
S. New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
I only had a minute to log on and I came right to this thread to check on our Buddy, Duke.

Keep up the good work Duke. Keep eating, resting and doing everything Mom needs you to do. We will keep you in our prayers!

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
Keep up the good work Duke! Get better soon. We're all praying for you!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh yay!!! Such good news!! So did the test come back positive for pancreatis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

OP
BabyDuke

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Oh yay!!! Such good news!! So did the test come back positive for pancreatis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)
\

yes it did come back positive :( , but the vet said we are lucky we brought him in when we did. he is amazing.. doing so much better at home.. he is on antibitoics and pepcid for a bit. then we have to do a diet change. I think I may try the praire line of NVI. I looked at the NVI instinct and the fat content was higher than others but still not that high so just praying with good research I make the right choice for his diet needs.

going to keep him nice and quiet with us for a few days so he can recover. he wants to play and run around but of course the vet keeps saying to keep him calm for a few more so we are following orders. I can tell he is still very tired.. its so sad he falls asleep and wakes up pops his head up almost to make sure we are here..

thanks again for all of the support! :D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online