Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
yes they are.. thank you guys you are the best.. I am just upset and I am taking his food with him. I called NVI and they suggested maybe switching to salmon?

Just a heads up on switching to salmon...the FDA is most likely going to approve a GE
(genetically engineered salmon) this year...BAD for pets and us because this will most
likely be used in the pet foods and in our food supply because it does not have to be on
the label as such. If he's doing well on the NVI you have him on, stay w/it and cut it w/
green beans. As someone else suggested, you might cook homemade, my friend gives
boneless, skinless chicken breasts, green beans & a little rice & sometimes, boiled, drained
ground round w/the same added. Again, I will PM the name of an emzyme to add.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Hoping Duke is better soon. Will be thinking of you - let us know how you made out at the vet tonight.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:ohmy: Ohhhh Karen! Not my sweet Duke. I'm so sorry..I'm late to all this! How worried you must be and just know I'm so thinking positive thoughts for my boy. I bet they will want him on one of their special diets. I would probably try to home cook for him and see if you could control what they want to control. He has been doing so well...if it is pancreatis his diet will matter. If you decide to use their food..don't stress too much over it. I had a cat with pancreas problems and he was on a Hills special kibble for years. All that matters..is that he is ok..and these foods are developed for a reason. Please let me know. :hug:

kingofkings

Mar 23, 2012
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson The Bold
How sad :( it must be really hard to have this pending on you and from what it seems may be a trial and error type of thing
(breath in , aaand exhale) . :0
youll find it , dont worry
I wish your Duke a quick recovery and great responses to the new foods you try . Good luck !!!

OP
BabyDuke

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
guys please pray.. vet just called Duke is " clinically " better but will not eat for them.. his heart rate is up and BP a little elevated.. BUT when he sleeps they are normal. Duke has never been away from us and I really believe I can get him to eat. They are letting us to a trial tonight and bring him home if he eats great if NOT I have to take him back in am and they will sedate him so he can rest. The vet agrees. he said he barrels over him to get out of the cage and he thinks he just doesn't want to be there..

I am so upset and worried .. :crying:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sorry to hear this and hope when you get him home he will settle down and eat. You have some great advise above and I have nothing to add. Please keep us posted.

Susie Williams

Dec 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I pray that all goes well and that Duke will eat and everything will be fine while he is home with his family. If he hasn't been away from you then that is probably why he isn't eating for them. I hope he feels better soon!!!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I am praying that when he gets home he will do better for you. Please keep up updated!!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I'll bet he settles down when he gets home tonight. I'm sure its the stress of not being home with you is why he won't eat. And also the reason for the panting and high BP.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OH KAREN.... we miss you and Duke! I so hope he heals up quickly.... prayers and positive thoughts and super big hugs to you and Duke

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
guys please pray.. vet just called Duke is " clinically " better but will not eat for them.. his heart rate is up and BP a little elevated.. BUT when he sleeps they are normal. Duke has never been away from us and I really believe I can get him to eat. They are letting us to a trial tonight and bring him home if he eats great if NOT I have to take him back in am and they will sedate him so he can rest. The vet agrees. he said he barrels over him to get out of the cage and he thinks he just doesn't want to be there..

I am so upset and worried .. :crying:

I agree with larip..he misses his family. He is stressed and that leads to his elevated heart rate and blood pressure! Criminy..every time I go to the Doctor my Blood Pressure goes up to! Imagine him..away fom you for the first time ever. :hug:

:begging: Come On Dukester......eat!

OP
BabyDuke

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
ok we are home.. he is very tired.. so not my Duke.. I just tried to get him to eat. ZERO interest.. any thoughts on how to get him to eat?

I am a wreck if he doesn't eat by tomorrow we have to take him back.. his bloodwork is good but he just looks exhausted. :(

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Maybe try some hamburger or chicken?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)