Other Poopy Paws

PapaSmurf2

Bike riding, bully loving soldier
Jan 21, 2013
Hattiesburg MS
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
One thing I haven't read about (I'm sure it's here, I just haven't gone through all the archives yet) is puppies walking through or getting their poop on their paws. It's very important to wash or wipe (I use baby wipes) your puppies paws thoroughly when they are finished taking care of business. They will lick or chew their feet and nails and ingest their poo....that can make for one sick puppy. I forget what it's called, but I'm sure someone on here knows what the name of it is. Anyway...make sure you clean your puppies paws....his/her belly will thank you!!!!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Rofl.. so funny you mention this. Blue has a habit of side stepping his poo, he won't touch it.
BUT, he runs right through his pee (on the wee wee pad) and I have little yellow paw prints all over my kitchen floor :cursing:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
HRH is 6 years old and still steps in it once and a while.. LOL

Hstead

Nov 14, 2012
Ironton OH
Bulldog(s) Names
Spielman (RIP) Bolt
Spielman has to "mark" or whatever the heck he does after he goes, where he scratches the ground real hard with all four paws, mostly back paws. And of course, half the time he doesn't move he just smashes his feet right through the new pile of dung. He has gotten better now that he is getting older, he will take his poo and then move to the side and start his dance.

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Yes ...poopy paws are hazard...I like baby wipes but I have to admit Schultz gets a footbath almost everyday cause I get a little nuts just imagining the yuck he walks through....
detumate.jpg

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Great info for sure, it's something we all forget sometimes.

maggies mom

Aug 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
maggie
I'm so glad Maggie has grown out of this habit! We used to call her princess poopy paws, what a pain to clean every time.

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Thank goodness people just like me I wipe his paws belly and butt after he goes #2. My husband thinks I am loosing my mind... But he is so darn short and small it drives me crazy knowing he might have touched it and tracking into the house... I showed him Saalwi's picture of Shultz in the sink and now he thinks all bully parents are crazy :rolleyes:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Thanks for your post and the education. One great reason to keep your pups and
adult dog's gut healthy in order to fight off bad bacteria & viruses they get exposed
too. Healthy dogs also repel fleas, ticks and other pests LESS than non healthy animals.

Healthy gut can be created and maintained by yogurt (not if allergic to dairy) probiotics,
prebiotics, garlic, coconut oil, salmon or krill oil and a quality, highly digestible, grain free
kibble. Usually will include much of the above and if so, no need to extra supplement then.

Much love to all the wonderful bullies here...and all you owners too! Carol

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
"Healthy dogs also repel fleas, ticks and other pests LESS than non healthy animals."

Sorry, this should read as "...BETTER THAN non healthy animals."

The hazards of posting at (almost) 2 am and watching TV and eating a meal, lol

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.