URGENT!!! What is your Dog's bowl made of?

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Just a quick read about dog bowls. We use glass, we discovered very early on that Abby was allergic to plastic.

dogbowl.png

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I changed to a metal blow when Wilson was about 8 months. Would you believe his rust stains on his chin practically disappeared. Thanks for posting this. :up:

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
all 3 of mine eat and drink from stainless steel bowls

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Stainless! I think a plastic bowl would be a chew toy in my house.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

PapaSmurf2

Bike riding, bully loving soldier
Jan 21, 2013
Hattiesburg MS
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
Stainless steel....also make sure you clean them often. Bullies slobber when they eat and drink......eeeewwwwwww.... Jk lol

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
Stainless here too. The food bowls get washed after each meal, and the water bowls each night before bed.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Nothing but stainless steel for our bowls.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Jake has stainless..but our Dena Dawg has plastic. She is a street girl who had to learn to eat out of a bowl..tiny steps..the floor..then slowly to a paper plate..then the big time..a plastic bowl. I have tried stainless, but she is afraid of it for sme reason! But she has no allergies so we are good! Funny thing is...she drinks water out of stainless..but not food. :)

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Stainless here :) its the ONLY Stainless steel that Gizmo will get near, she has a MEGGA Fear of Metal Bowls (we put one near the Christmas tree.. and she stay clear of it, so there is an advantage to this fear for us ;)

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
Jake has stainless..but our Dena Dawg has plastic. She is a street girl who had to learn to eat out of a bowl..tiny steps..the floor..then slowly to a paper plate..then the big time..a plastic bowl. I have tried stainless, but she is afraid of it for sme reason! But she has no allergies so we are good! Funny thing is...she drinks water out of stainless..but not food. :)

Maybe she sees her reflection in it, and thinks another dog is already at the bowl protecting the food? Is the bowl shiny? Maybe if you want to experiment, try a brushed metal bowl that isn't reflective? You did say that it isn't a problem, I just had a thought. :)

Winston's bowls are all stainless steel, although we had a heck of a time finding one that wouldn't tip over when Mr. Niagra Falls drinks. Didn't help that he would paw/dig at it when he was a pup.

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
I got Punk a plastic slow feed bowl - she was inhaling her food way too fast. So far she does just fine with it.

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Only stainless steel and they are put through the dishwasher once a day.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online