Water drinking

bcarro45

Jan 15, 2013
Pasadena,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Beaux
Have a quick question, my puppy will drink a lot of water, at least I think it is a lot, he will drink sometimes for 10 -15 seconds and almost finsh he bowl. He will be going to the vet for a regular check up. His urine is clearish,yellow(yeah I know oxymoron) has no foul smell either. Just wanted to know what you guys think, thanks.

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
My Jack at 6 months old would drink alot of water too... It was as if he was in a trance while drinking water.
Slurp, slurp, slurp, slurp , slurp , slurp, slurp, slurp , slurp ,slurp, slurp, slurp , slurp ,slurp, slurp, slurp , slurp ,slurp, slurp, slurp , slurp , slurp, slurp, slurp , slurp ,slurp, slurp, slurp , slurp ,slurp, slurp, slurp , slurp .

I would push him away from the bowl because it was actually getting annoying and I believe he was doing it because he didnt want to come into the house... ... you know what i mean... Like a kid playing ,... didnt want to stop ...

Anyways, since you are going to the vet, do mention it to them.
Try to make sure it is a Bully Vet or that they are well in tuned with our english bulldogs. They are truly a different breed,,

OP
bcarro45

bcarro45

Jan 15, 2013
Pasadena,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Beaux
Yeah thanks for the reply, he is a great vet and deals with a lot of bull dogs ( after we bought he dog, the breeder gave a 48 hr guarntee, he came in on a saturday morning for us) mine dog sits by the shower and waits til I get out and drinks the water coming off the door. I just noticed a lot of people posting about drinking etc.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I am CONSTANTLY refilling water bowls...and if your bully is anything like mine, as much (if not more) gets on the floor than gets in the mouth! I wouldn't worry too much but if you're noticing constant drinking and urinating, you might want to check with your vet.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Amber drinks water from everywhere; she bowl, the Kio pond, garden hose, toliets, if the tolietseat is down she will climb on that and lick the sink faucet for water, jumps in the bathtub if given the chance, shower, it doesn't matter, she loves water. She is a healthy happy bully who just loves the water, drinking or playing, it doesn't matter.

ajwhitt44

May 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
BREMBO
It's much better for them to drink water than to not drink water!!! I think it's fine

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Excessive drinking could be a habit, a stress response or something new to do. But it could also be a symptom of something more serious. Call me paranoid but I would get a urinalysis done just to rule out anything physical.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Doesn't sound like an issue to me, Bacon made a huge mess and most of the water didn't get in his mouth but on the floor. If you are going to the vet no harm in asking

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.