Help Needed! I just want to cry for my poor baby......

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Mary I feel awful for you and little Bogey. I know how frustrating it is not to be able to "fix" our bullies as fast as possible. In time you will be less inclined to panic and of course you will know him and his "issues" so much better. Did you say you see Dr. Koch?? I will be there at 9;30 in the morning with Tio ( our rescue) We have tried everything to help his ears and now I am going to ask for exploratory to be done on him. He is in constant pain and his ear canals are caldified from non stop infections. I can't bear it anymore so it is time for the "big guns" Due to his past and infestion of God only knows how many parasites I am very worried that we are looking at more than just bad ear problems... His hearing is awful too. Then we have Ms. Dubbie with her constant allergies and hot spots. All this to say you are not alone in the wonderful world of bullies :D I will be checking here to see how Bogey is doing. ann

OP
mer55

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Thank you to all of you! Although Bogey has slept a lot today, when he is up he is active,even if it's just for short periods. He is eating his bland diet voraciously, and his poop at noon was semi formed! I am really thinking he ate something I did not see- we have a ton of crap outdoors right now- acorns, pinecones, dirt, rabbit poop, sticks, etc etc. I am going to stick to the bland diet and see what tomorrow brings. He had such nice poop before last night- but he was still producing a lot of it! I think he has a very sensitive stomach and anything out of the norm brings this on. this is the worse it has ever been, but he has only gone once since lunch so maybe I have seen the worse of it. I haven't even gotten the call to pick up the meds yet from the vet, so if it is resolving, he's doing it on his own. I am also feeding him in small increments more frequently for just today. We will see what tomorrow brings!!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Dear Mary...such great advice...am thinking of you & Bogey...praying too.

Much love for both of you...you know Bogey's one of my favs here!
:sunny:

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
:hugs: I hope bogey gets better really soon I know what you've been through with him n his food n poo poor baby n poor mamma :( keep us posted!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VegasGeorge

Jan 13, 2013
Sin City in the Great Mojave Desert
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily and Daisy
Really sorry for you and Bogy! Pure pumpkin will definitely help dry up the stools. You don't have to be afraid of giving him too much, within reason of course. My pups get a heaping tablespoon with every meal just to keep their stools nice and firm. The natural fiber and vitamin A is good for them regardless. And, it mixes with the kibble to give them a nice tasty meal. Please make sure Bogy is drinking lots of water. With diarrhea, dehydration can be a problem.

PS: Make sure its PURE pumpkin, and not the pumpkin pie mix.

Members online

No members online now.