Help Needed! Hacking and yellow phylem?????

kristier25

Dec 25, 2012
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Bentley
Good evening everyone,

So this morning went I let Bentley out to pee he started hacking like he was choking. At first I didn't think it was a big deal. I gave him some lemon water and he was ok. But he did again and this time phylem came out of his mouth and it had yellow stuff in it. It reminded me of when my kids have colds and their nose has yellow snot. Could he have a cold? He has done it several times today and I have given him the lemon juice. Am I overreacting? I am thinking I am going to take him to the vet tomorrow.

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Does he have any nasal discharge or a honking like cough? Does he have a rattle when he breathes?

OP
kristier25

kristier25

Dec 25, 2012
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Bentley
He does have a runny nose but it is clear. I did listen to him and I didn't hear any rattling. He was vaccinated for kennel cough so I hope thats not it. We are going to go to the vet in the morning.

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
He does have a runny nose but it is clear. I did listen to him and I didn't hear any rattling. He was vaccinated for kennel cough so I hope thats not it. We are going to go to the vet in the morning.

Did he have the nasal bordatella or the injection? Bullies have been known to get sick from the nasal version of the bordatella.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sounds like stomach bile. This could happen for a couple of reasons. Empty stomach or so much vomiting that the only thing left is bile. Was it in the morning before breakfast? If so it's very common, try giving just a small snack before bed. Bullies with empty tummies can feels nauseated in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.