Help Needed! Swollen vulva

brileythebully

Jan 17, 2013
Houston
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Briley
My roommate has a husky/sheltie mix and her vulva is very red and swollen. It has always been very "out there" but this week has started to become red, and more swollen. I know it's not a bulldog but, I figured you all could help by the pictures if it is anything you've seen or experienced. We are calling to make a vet appt tomorrow incase it is an infection of some sort because she has been urinating more frequently than usual. She is a little over a year, and is spayed.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359313472.785096.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359313484.361790.jpg
Also, it is much more red than these pictures make it look.

RAKA Bulldogs

Jan 24, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Oscar
Is there blood in the urine? How "more frequently" is more frequently? Is it every 15 minutes of little piddles? Could possibly be a UTI.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Has she been spayed? If not she may be coming into her heat cycle.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
It sounds like it may be a urinary tract infection. Frequent urinating, is a sign, does her pee have an odor to it? Is there any staining on her fur when she pees? It's a good idea that you are taking her to the vet to make sure. Hope she feels better.

OP
brileythebully

brileythebully

Jan 17, 2013
Houston
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Briley
[MENTION=7946]RAKA Bulldogs[/MENTION] no blood, but it is a darker color. It's not so frequent that she having accidents. But when we go on long walks she will stop every 10 minutes and go, but I think those are just little piddles. [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] yes, she is spayed. [MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] I don't know if there is an odor because it is always outside when he pees, but it has been a darker color. There is no staining on her fur that we have noticed.

Thank you to everyone for the replies!

RAKA Bulldogs

Jan 24, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Oscar
I had a girl doing that, every time I turned around there was another puddle and it was dark. My girl had blood in it because she DID has a UTI and a bad one. Our girls get these from squatting to pee, and sometimes they get too close to something they shouldn't and it gets inside. Take your girl to the vet, and oh, your vet will want a pee sample! That's always fun. I chased my girl around with a bowl, put it in a syringe, and put it in the fridge in a plastic bag of course until I could get to the vet.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I would get a urine check at the vet... sounds like a UTI since she is spayed

OP
brileythebully

brileythebully

Jan 17, 2013
Houston
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Briley
Update: we went to the vet today and it is a slight case of vaginitis and prescribes us some pain meds and duoxo wipes for her.
Thanks everyone for the help!

And [MENTION=7946]RAKA Bulldogs[/MENTION] I did end up chasing her around to catch a urine sample! Not fun lmao! And I live in an apartment complex so people were really staring at me and the roomie funny during this...
Oh the things we do for our furry loved ones.

RAKA Bulldogs

Jan 24, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Oscar
[MENTION=7854]brileythebully[/MENTION] - LOL - the visual, and yes, I agree the things we do for our furbabies! Glad to hear she's gonna be doing better! Thanks for the update. :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.