Other Pedigree question?

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
I hope you can see this photo! The Vet said one of his parents had the same grandparents!? It looks like maybe his mother & father were related! Sad!!!! I still love him the same, of course! I know it's not like it is for humans but it is still sad! I'm wondering if it could cause any health problems!?

OP
Emily

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359308397.886931.jpg

Bulldogs are angels in fur coats

OP
Emily

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359308453.502228.jpg

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
View attachment 36071

Looks like a pretty typical line breeding. Is "kromvel" a special stud? Was he a euro import or euro champion? The reason. Feeders breed like this is to insure they will produce a "look" which is whatever the stud looks like. That's why I ask if he as a champion. Breeders breed for a "look" in an attempt to produce champions. I am not a fan of line breeding as it greatly limits the gene pool which means the dog might get the good "looks" to potentially become a champion but if there were any health issues that were recessive in the stud, they will more thn likely become a dominant trait in the pups.

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
Like they said Line Breeding is very common in animals. The main concern is enhancing poor traits or genetic issues.

OP
Emily

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
Awh, thank you! That makes sense & it makes me feel better! I don't know if he was a special stud though!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
If your puppy is healthy, doesn't have three eyes and all that junk, enjoy Debo, he should be fine. It is common for some breeders to use the same Dam and Sire in line breeding. Like [MENTION=6209]Scueva[/MENTION] said to keep that certain look. If you have issues with Debo's health, you should let the breeder know.

OP
Emily

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
Lol Sherry!
He is healthy, doesn't have three eyes, or any of that junk, & I thoroughly enjoy him. It's nice to know it is common! Thank you!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online