Help Needed! Spay incision red, bumps and lumps

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
How is the incision looking now.... Porky doing OK?
oh shes fine now lol i just always check now after the absess and last night i even pulled a stitch out but b4 i freak someone out who reads this porky also had major reconstructive surgery not just a typical spay lol she had 40 or more staples and i dont even know how many stitches. This is her rear end a few days after the surgery iphonenov12 1005.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
oh shes fine now lol i just always check now after the absess and last night i even pulled a stitch out but b4 i freak someone out who reads this porky also had major reconstructive surgery not just a typical spay lol she had 40 or more staples and i dont even know how many stitches. This is her rear end a few days after the surgery View attachment 36108
Poor baby porky :( sounds like it was a big surgery

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Poor baby porky :( sounds like it was a big surgery

Yeah her vulva was about where izzys incision is :( so it had to be repositioned to where it is in the picture lol!!! If u notice that it starts to bother her I would take her in!!! Porkys abscess was red but no heat no tenderness for about 3 days and then one day she sat down n jumped back up n I knew whatever it was was bothering her n I'm a nurse n had the unfortunate experience of draining an abscess on a human lol so we just located the stitch pulled it it ruptured I held her down squeezed until it bled n cleaned it the next day she was fine :) buttttt it could also be the keloid scar that was mentioned before!!! Just keep an eye on it n try a warm compress if it is an infection that will bring it to the surface :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Yeah her vulva was about where izzys incision is :( so it had to be repositioned to where it is in the picture lol!!! If u notice that it starts to bother her I would take her in!!! Porkys abscess was red but no heat no tenderness for about 3 days and then one day she sat down n jumped back up n I knew whatever it was was bothering her n I'm a nurse n had the unfortunate experience of draining an abscess on a human lol so we just located the stitch pulled it it ruptured I held her down squeezed until it bled n cleaned it the next day she was fine :) buttttt it could also be the keloid scar that was mentioned before!!! Just keep an eye on it n try a warm compress if it is an infection that will bring it to the surface :)

It looks a little better today, the red is turning into light pink. I will keep an eye on her and continue to clean and apply neosporin just in case. It looks also a little smaller so hopefully was just a quick reaction to the stitches inside of her.

Wow Porky had a big surgery, I had no idea they could reposion that!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
oh shes fine now lol i just always check now after the absess and last night i even pulled a stitch out but b4 i freak someone out who reads this porky also had major reconstructive surgery not just a typical spay lol she had 40 or more staples and i dont even know how many stitches. This is her rear end a few days after the surgery View attachment 36108

Vulvaplasty? Or, as I called it a cootch reduction? Banks had this done, WAY touch much skin and she was constantly having UTI's and all other kinds of issue with her girly-girl.

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Vulvaplasty? Or, as I called it a cootch reduction? Banks had this done, WAY touch much skin and she was constantly having UTI's and all other kinds of issue with her girly-girl.

Lol idk what they actually called it but her vulva was on her belly n she was actually peeing on herself :( she had a constant diaper rash they had to cut the whole area and pull it to where it was supposed to be then staple it!!!! Poor baby had a horseshoe of shiny staples in her bum lol.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Lol idk what they actually called it but her vulva was on her belly n she was actually peeing on herself :( she had a constant diaper rash they had to cut the whole area and pull it to where it was supposed to be then staple it!!!! Poor baby had a horseshoe of shiny staples in her bum lol. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, Banks had the horeshoe of staples too.... you can still tell in this photo

bankstush001.jpg

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Yes, Banks had the horeshoe of staples too.... you can still tell in this photo

bankstush001.jpg

Lol omg Porkys looks the same but her dang spike tail every time I try to take a pic she tucks that tail like wtf get out of there lol or spins in circles!

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Thank you all so much for the advise given on Izzy's incision. I think what happened was only a temporary reaction to the stitches and maybe just part of the healing process. Her cut looks so much better today and is no longer red or pink. The bump next to it is also reducing. :) You all saved me time and money!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! :2thumbs:

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Thank you all so much for the advise given on Izzy's incision. I think what happened was only a temporary reaction to the stitches and maybe just part of the healing process. Her cut looks so much better today and is no longer red or pink. The bump next to it is also reducing. :) You all saved me time and money!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! :2thumbs:

:) yay so glad to hear she's doing better :p n sry I kinda jacked ur post lol

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.