Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 26

Thread: Spay incision red, bumps and lumps

  1. #13
    The Ultimate Sourmug Sherry's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Denver PA
    Posts
    5,284
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: Spay incision red, bumps and lumps

    She's really clean !!! holy smokes!!! I wouldn't worry about her for now, keep your eye on her. It the area gets bigger or feels hot to the touch, then that may be the sign to call the vet. Such a cutie!! I wouldn't even put anything else on it since the site is closed nicely
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

  2. #14
    Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ChrisRN's Avatar
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Muskegon, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    4,779
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    1454
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Spay incision red, bumps and lumps

    Quote Originally Posted by porkysmamma View Post
    I love the last pic very cute!!! Poor baby idk porky had something similar on her butt from her "dissolving" stitches one didn't dissolve and it got infected and abscessed it looked similar to that until the abscess started!!!! Actually a lotttttt of her dissolving stitches didn't dissolve all the way I'm still pulling em out 5 months later!!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When my bullmastiff was spayed I pulled suture material for a couple of years! I would keep a close eye on it. If it starts to look worse, becomes hard, red, and angry looking I'd call your vet. If it starts to drain fluid, I would also call, though if it is a pocket of fluid you want it to come out so she doesn't start growing bacteria in it. Keep an eye on her temp too.

  3. #15
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,140
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11479

    Default Re: Spay incision red, bumps and lumps

    How is the incision looking now.... Porky doing OK?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  4. #16
    Doggie Boutique Owner porkysmamma's Avatar
    Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Warrensburg, New York
    Posts
    810
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porkchop aka Porky
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Spay incision red, bumps and lumps

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    How is the incision looking now.... Porky doing OK?
    oh shes fine now lol i just always check now after the absess and last night i even pulled a stitch out but b4 i freak someone out who reads this porky also had major reconstructive surgery not just a typical spay lol she had 40 or more staples and i dont even know how many stitches. This is her rear end a few days after the surgery -iphonenov12-1005-jpg
    Last edited by porkysmamma; 01-27-2013 at 11:18 PM.
    Never knew what our lives were missing until we found our princess

  5. #17
    Doggie Boutique Owner Izzy's Mom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michelle
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Houston - TX
    Posts
    813
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Izzy
    Likes (Received)
    237

    Default Re: Spay incision red, bumps and lumps

    Quote Originally Posted by porkysmamma View Post
    oh shes fine now lol i just always check now after the absess and last night i even pulled a stitch out but b4 i freak someone out who reads this porky also had major reconstructive surgery not just a typical spay lol she had 40 or more staples and i dont even know how many stitches. This is her rear end a few days after the surgery -iphonenov12-1005-jpg
    Poor baby porky sounds like it was a big surgery

    My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog’s eyes.

  6. #18
    Doggie Boutique Owner porkysmamma's Avatar
    Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Warrensburg, New York
    Posts
    810
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porkchop aka Porky
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy's Mom View Post
    Poor baby porky sounds like it was a big surgery
    Yeah her vulva was about where izzys incision is so it had to be repositioned to where it is in the picture lol!!! If u notice that it starts to bother her I would take her in!!! Porkys abscess was red but no heat no tenderness for about 3 days and then one day she sat down n jumped back up n I knew whatever it was was bothering her n I'm a nurse n had the unfortunate experience of draining an abscess on a human lol so we just located the stitch pulled it it ruptured I held her down squeezed until it bled n cleaned it the next day she was fine buttttt it could also be the keloid scar that was mentioned before!!! Just keep an eye on it n try a warm compress if it is an infection that will bring it to the surface


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Never knew what our lives were missing until we found our princess

  7. #19
    Doggie Boutique Owner Izzy's Mom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michelle
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Houston - TX
    Posts
    813
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Izzy
    Likes (Received)
    237

    Default Re: Spay incision red, bumps and lumps

    Quote Originally Posted by porkysmamma View Post
    Yeah her vulva was about where izzys incision is so it had to be repositioned to where it is in the picture lol!!! If u notice that it starts to bother her I would take her in!!! Porkys abscess was red but no heat no tenderness for about 3 days and then one day she sat down n jumped back up n I knew whatever it was was bothering her n I'm a nurse n had the unfortunate experience of draining an abscess on a human lol so we just located the stitch pulled it it ruptured I held her down squeezed until it bled n cleaned it the next day she was fine buttttt it could also be the keloid scar that was mentioned before!!! Just keep an eye on it n try a warm compress if it is an infection that will bring it to the surface


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    It looks a little better today, the red is turning into light pink. I will keep an eye on her and continue to clean and apply neosporin just in case. It looks also a little smaller so hopefully was just a quick reaction to the stitches inside of her.

    Wow Porky had a big surgery, I had no idea they could reposion that!

    My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog’s eyes.

  8. #20
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,140
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11479

    Default Re: Spay incision red, bumps and lumps

    Quote Originally Posted by porkysmamma View Post
    oh shes fine now lol i just always check now after the absess and last night i even pulled a stitch out but b4 i freak someone out who reads this porky also had major reconstructive surgery not just a typical spay lol she had 40 or more staples and i dont even know how many stitches. This is her rear end a few days after the surgery -iphonenov12-1005-jpg

    Vulvaplasty? Or, as I called it a cootch reduction? Banks had this done, WAY touch much skin and she was constantly having UTI's and all other kinds of issue with her girly-girl.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  9. #21
    Doggie Boutique Owner porkysmamma's Avatar
    Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Warrensburg, New York
    Posts
    810
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porkchop aka Porky
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Vulvaplasty? Or, as I called it a cootch reduction? Banks had this done, WAY touch much skin and she was constantly having UTI's and all other kinds of issue with her girly-girl.
    Lol idk what they actually called it but her vulva was on her belly n she was actually peeing on herself she had a constant diaper rash they had to cut the whole area and pull it to where it was supposed to be then staple it!!!! Poor baby had a horseshoe of shiny staples in her bum lol.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Never knew what our lives were missing until we found our princess

  10. #22
    .........
    Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    2,981
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)
    5

    Default Re: Spay incision red, bumps and lumps

    Glad to hear Izzy is doing better.

  11. #23
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,140
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11479

    Default Re: Spay incision red, bumps and lumps

    Quote Originally Posted by porkysmamma View Post
    Lol idk what they actually called it but her vulva was on her belly n she was actually peeing on herself she had a constant diaper rash they had to cut the whole area and pull it to where it was supposed to be then staple it!!!! Poor baby had a horseshoe of shiny staples in her bum lol. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, Banks had the horeshoe of staples too.... you can still tell in this photo

    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  12. #24
    Doggie Boutique Owner porkysmamma's Avatar
    Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Warrensburg, New York
    Posts
    810
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porkchop aka Porky
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Yes, Banks had the horeshoe of staples too.... you can still tell in this photo

    Lol omg Porkys looks the same but her dang spike tail every time I try to take a pic she tucks that tail like wtf get out of there lol or spins in circles!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Never knew what our lives were missing until we found our princess

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •