Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi , everyone, yesterday I posted about Dozer eating snow like crazy, he has never done this before, but since last night every time I take him out for his duties, he eats an excessive amount of snow. This afternoon, he started having diarrhea and his nose seems dry, he's had the diarrhea 4 times since lunch time, he seems fine every other way, he's eating normal and drinking water. I haven't given him anything different, last night I gave him plain yogurt in his kibble, which I do every other day, and he had a couple of strawberries as well, and this morning he shared a banana with his sister Blossom, they had 1/2 a banana each, which he's had many times as a snack before. Something is upsetting his stomach, but I'm not sure what.

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
Hi , everyone, yesterday I posted about Dozer eating snow like crazy, he has never done this before, but since last night every time I take him out for his duties, he eats an excessive amount of snow. This afternoon, he started having diarrhea and his nose seems dry, he's had the diarrhea 4 times since lunch time, he seems fine every other way, he's eating normal and drinking water. I haven't given him anything different, last night I gave him plain yogurt in his kibble, which I do every other day, and he had a couple of strawberries as well, and this morning he shared a banana with his sister Blossom, they had 1/2 a banana each, which he's had many times as a snack before. Something is upsetting his stomach, but I'm not sure what.

oh no! Poor baby!
keep an eye on him....you might need to take him in. Snow is anything but sterile, and can still harbour tons of bacteria even though it is cold? I don't know if it is the snow-eating, but if that is the only variable between him and Blossom, I would wonder. Maybe he got a mouthful of mouse or vole or rabbit poop that had some bad germs in it?

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I will keep an eye on him, he hasn't had anymore bouts of diarrhea , since the 4 times he had today, and I gave him only half his regular amount of food tonight, he ate it fine and had water. If he's no better by tomorrow, I will take him to the vet, she opens at 12:00 tomorrow. I'll keep you guys posted. The snow was on my own lawn, and was freshly fallen snow, I didn't see any droppings from any wild animals, but is always possible. I just hope he hasn't eaten something I don't know about. I took his temperature, and he doesn't have a fever, so we'll keep,an eye on him, and see if it passes. Thanks guys for your response.

Last edited:
OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, he seems a little better today, the diarrhea stopped yesterday afternoon, and I watched him all day, gave him extra water, so he wouldn't dehydrate from the diarrhea, last night we gave him only half his usual food amount, and he ate it okay. This morning around 5 am, he had two little soft stools about the size of a quarter, it wasn't quite diarrhea, but kind of soupy, so again we gave him a little less about 3/4 of a cup of food instead of his usual 1 cup. He hasn't had any poops at all since 5am, but he's eaten and drank water normal. I am hoping what ever it was was just a irritation or upset stomach and its over now, but will continue to keep a watch on him today. My vet is open from 12 noon to 5 today, so if anything changes, I will drop in and ask her to check him out. Thanks a lot for asking about my Dozey, I will keep you updated on how he's doing throughout the day and tomorrow, or if anything changes. Hugs and kisses, and Thank You

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh im so glad to see he is some better and praying he gets even better today. :pray:

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and concern, he seems okay right now, he ate his breakfast this morning, he hasn't had any poops today, he may may be all emptied out from the diarrhea, and nothing left to poop out right now. His nose is not dry today, it's back to normal, so will continue to watch him today. Will keep you posted on how he's doing throughout the day.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and concern, he seems okay right now, he ate his breakfast this morning, he hasn't had any poops today, he may may be all emptied out from the diarrhea, and nothing left to poop out right now. His nose is not dry today, it's back to normal, so will continue to watch him today. Will keep you posted on how he's doing throughout the day.

How is Dozer doing tonight? Continuing to get better?

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Dozer had 2 normal poops outside today, so he seemed fine. Was okay all day, played normal, ate drank. Hubby and I went out tonight to a friends house, and we came home at 11:00, to a pile of what looked like poop in his crate. I should have known better, because he never poops in his cage. We let him out and I put the poop bags on my hands and picked up the pile of what we thought was poop, but it wasn't, I should have known that he had eaten something, cause that's just what Dozey does, sure enough he had. It was a Quilted baby wipe, and he had thrown it up , which is great that he got it up. Oh Dozer what am I going to do with you? Dozer is right as rain now.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.