Boogery Eyes???

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
About 3 days I noticed some eye boogers when I was cleaning Mr.Beefy's nose rope and eye wrinkles. We did just start giving pumpkin treats so i'm not sure if that' may be what's causing it. Baby joe has eye allergies so she takes alavert and benadryl and gets some antihistimine eye drops. Is this a cause for concern? Or am i over-:down:reacting?

OP
gatorfan85

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
Hmmm I don't know then :( Sam's eyes get really watery if he doesn't get his allergy medicine, maybe allergies are developing??????
Oh I hope not ...He is suppose to be 3 yrs old but I have no way of knowing for sure. I'll try some benadryl and maybe that will hope.....

OP
gatorfan85

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
They're clear goupy boogers. Its mostly in the morning and at night. its just strange he hasnt had them since i've had him for 2 mnths

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Hmmm. we dont have any eye boogers here so I am not sure but being fall and all maybe it is just a seasonal allergy thing. I would think being clear it should be ok although I am by far no expert. Thats how I judge colds vs allergies in my daughter is the runny nose being clear or icky. lol

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
Silva gets sticky clear or yellowish boogers in the am and I wipe them every morning and thats it, I havent really worried to much about it because they are not red, swollen or green drainage. some days there are none and other days alot. I would watch it and maybe its just the time of year! :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Just keep an "eye" out. (I am punning a lot today). If he starts to squint or becomes itchy- it could be an eye issue or allergies. But if it is just eye boogers, it could just be he is sleeping better now that the time of year is changing, or he has been effected by some pollen in the air.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
lex has goopy eye boogers here recently i just figured it was sleepy like we get after we sleep...

OP
gatorfan85

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
Well he does sleep ALOT!!! Like all the time....Zzzz so it is possible that its just sandman leftovers.

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
I forgot to mention that Silva also has ingrown eyelashes, check and see if there are any in the inner lids, we had to put eye lubricant in her eyes when she was a baby, but the Vet said they are ok and didnt need surgery to reomve them, Silva doesnt bother with her eyes at all!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.