Other Lola getting fixed in the morning!

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Lola was supposed to get fixed this week but they moved it to Saturday which gave me a couple more days to stress! Although it turned out as a blessing because the day she was supposed to get fixed she was vomiting from eating cotton so Im glad it got moved! Now I am a nervous wreck! I brought Lola to the vet yesterday because they wanted to check on her after her vomiting up cotton and make sure she was ok and ready for surgery and they went over the steps of what they do and that just make me more scared. I know they are careful but when they started going over the risks with bullies it does make the stomach sink! I hope she will do well and that I am worrying for nothing! Thanks for the vent!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Vent away my dear, it surely was a blessing in disguise her appt was changed! Praying for a quick surgery so she can get home back in your arms. :pray:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
I guess it's normal to be concerned and anxious have our babies back in our arms. I couldnt wait to receive the phone call to pick up Izzy. Wishing you a speedy recovery for Lola and give her lots of love tomorrow when you pick her up! :) Izzy was acting really funny after the surgery due to the anesthesia... kind of confused and restless but she was back to normal the next day.

Are you planning to use the neck collar on her?

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Also, give her a bath tonight!!! I forgot to do that and now I have to wait 14 days to wash my baby... she started to smell like a dog :( lol

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
I know how you feel. I have not been strong enough to finally make the dreaded appointment. I definitely want to do it sometime soon, but I'm myself having surgery soon, so there's another reason to postpone. I'll be praying so that everything goes fine for Lola and that she comes home as happy and healthy as she left. :pray2:

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Vent away! But I'm sure she'll be fine. Just get ready for lots of snuggling when she gets home. :D

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey --- this is what we are here for, well one of the reasons anyway!!

VegasGeorge

Jan 13, 2013
Sin City in the Great Mojave Desert
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily and Daisy
Vent away, you deserve it. It's tough loving a Bully, they are so close to our hearts. Please make sure that your Lola is entirely over her vomiting episodes before her surgery. They can inhale even just a little vomit while under anesthesia and wind up with aspiration pneumonia. I don't know if it's an option for you, but my girls have all had the laparoscopic spaying and it was very easy on them. Home the same day and seemingly normal the next, and back to full throttle within three days.

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I thought about the bath too! My husband is dropping her off in the morning because she has to be there between 630 and 7 and I have to say I feel like thats a good things! She loves my hubby and he will baby her but also I would be a mess and ask the vet a million questions! Also the vet told me that I will have to carry her up the stairs when I get home and out to potty the first at least 24 hours but he prefers 48 and im not to sure how to do that without hurting her worse than if I just let her walk up the stairs! We live on the second floor. Any ideas! Oh and about the cone collar thing, they will send us home with one but im not sure if I will keep it on her. What ya think? I should add she can reach her girly parts.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I had my female Blossom spayed 4 months ago, as well as repaired her cherry eye, and she did amazing, she was a little whiney the first night home, and slept , but the next day, you wouldn't have known she had had surgery, she was trying to run and jump, so trying to keep her quiet was hard, but she did well. My vet didn't offer the cone, and she never once touched her surgical sites. I would take the cone, but try leaving it off at first and see how she does. She'll be more comfortable without it, and sleep better. Don't worry too much, she'll be fine and back to herself before you know it. Sending hugs, love and prayers for a successful surgery, and a speedy recovery. Keep us posted on her progress and how she does. Speedy recovery Lola.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Hang in there...naturally you will worry, no matter what we say, but she'll be just fine. Usko is not fixed, but when he had his surgery to his bladder we didn't want to add to his pain with the collar, cause he couldn't reach there anyway. Love to Lola:angelheart:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:pray: Hoping all goes well. Let us know...and just keep posting anything and everything until surgery is over and they let you know she's ok, just to keep you busy.

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Just got home from dropping her off! They said they dont do phone calls tell 2pm are they kidding? I will be calling long before that! I had to tell her buy and give her kisses and the nurse looked at me like I was nuts! Or maybe she was sick to her stomach because I kissed her on the lips but either way I wanted her to know she is loved before surgery! Im really nervous and almost backed out but I know its better for Lola since im not breeding her!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Try to exhale mama :whew: will you be able to pick her up tonight?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.