General Question Ole' Blue Eyes

PapaSmurf2

Bike riding, bully loving soldier
Jan 21, 2013
Hattiesburg MS
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
Does anyone have any experience with blue eyes? It seems (yes, I know I'm a nervous papa) that Gracie has a depth perception issue...whenever she tries to lean against my leg or step up to our porch that she's about six inches off. She is also constantly bumping into things. I know she can see because she'll chase her ball or jump after leaves in the yard, but when it comes to walking or trying to put her front paws on something she misses the mark.

Thanks in advance.....

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
Well, she is still very young and may just be having coordination issues. They can be clumsy little things all through their lives and having had so little experience can't help matters.

I have never had a dog with blue eyes before though, so I really can't help you there.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
My Oliver has one blue eye and as far as I know has no vision problems. Right now we are currently battling some entropian issues but that has nothing to do with color. I believe that it's just the normal bulldog puppy clumsiness that you are seeing and as she grows she will probably grow out of it but again might not. Remy is just over a year and he has really long legs for a bulldog and he's my clumsiest.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Does sound like puppy clumsiness, but I would keep a watch on her and next vet visit ask about it being a possibility

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Sounds like a puppy to me but also I would run it by your vet the next time your are there for shots.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
take a picture with out the flash and post it please,

M

mabel lou

I know someone who has an ebd with one blue eye and he has always been fine even today he is fine and he is like 6yrs old

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Does anyone have any experience with blue eyes? It seems (yes, I know I'm a nervous papa) that Gracie has a depth perception issue...whenever she tries to lean against my leg or step up to our porch that she's about six inches off. She is also constantly bumping into things. I know she can see because she'll chase her ball or jump after leaves in the yard, but when it comes to walking or trying to put her front paws on something she misses the mark.

Thanks in advance.....

I think we need WAY MORE PICTURES of these blue eyes to make any kind of real determination on anything..... :yes:

OP
PapaSmurf2

PapaSmurf2

Bike riding, bully loving soldier
Jan 21, 2013
Hattiesburg MS
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
I know I've been lax in getting pictures up....I'll have to get to work on that. :sorry:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.