Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Bulldog hot spot are getting worst. May i ask if any one know what should i do?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Humber
    Likes (Received)

Default My Bulldog hot spot are getting worst. May i ask if any one know what should i do?

Hi,

Recently i posted in here about my bulldog has a skin problem and as i was told he has Hot spot issue.

Right after i get off work today i see his hot spot is bleeding.

May i ask what should i do? I took him to the vet on last saturday and the vet told me to use medicated shampoo to see if he could get better but today it even worst.

May i ask what else i can do?

Thank you for all your help.

-photo-jpg

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nigel Wentworth Sinclair & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: My Bulldog hot spot are getting worst. May i ask if any one know what should i do?

I highly recommend the following:

Chlorhex 2X 4% Shampoo, 8 oz.
    ChlorHex 2X 4% Spray, 8 oz

I'm not sure if you can find these at a retail store but I order on Amazon. Use them at the first sign of a hot spot.

Maybe someone can recommend something readily available until you can get these but they really work fast.

good luck!
    Last edited by NigelsMom; 01-25-2013 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Add info

Cheerio mates!

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: My Bulldog hot spot are getting worst. May i ask if any one know what should i do?

Quote Originally Posted by NigelsMom View Post
    I highly recommend the following:

Chlorhex 2X 4% Shampoo, 8 oz.
    ChlorHex 2X 4% Spray, 8 oz

I'm not sure if you can find these at a retail store but I order on Amazon. Use them at the first sign of a hot spot.

Maybe someone can recommend something readily available until you can get these but they really work fast.

good luck!

Are these over the counter products or will her Vet have to prescribe them?????
    Where do you get yours?

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Shave the area and wash it with hibiclens or another antibacterial soap, it needs air to dry out or it will continue to spread. Put any product with bacteria killer and drying agent in it like yellow listerine, malacetic, witch hazel, ect.... then apply some sort of steroid cream like hydrocortisone in a small amount, just enough to relieve the itching. If you have malacetic ultra that's your best bet. Do this 3 times a day.

Do you know what caused the hot spot? For that area I would say food or collar is the culprit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    Shave the area and wash it with hibiclens or another antibacterial soap, it needs air to dry out or it will continue to spread. Put any product with bacteria killer and drying agent in it like yellow listerine, malacetic, witch hazel, ect.... then apply some sort of steroid cream like hydrocortisone in a small amount, just enough to relieve the itching. If you have malacetic ultra that's your best bet. Do this 3 times a day.

Do you know what caused the hot spot? For that area I would say food or collar is the culprit.

What Lisa said
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Bulldog(s) Names
    Humber
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for everyone who reply.

I will try when i get home.

May i ask if vet is necessary?? because i read some articles online and they said in order to recover they need shots.

He has hot spots week and i've been using anti itch cream since day one, but till yesterday one spot start bleeding.

Thank you.
    @desertskybulldogs. @Sherry
    Last edited by JAKEISGREAT; 01-25-2013 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Add mentions

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jxonla View Post
    Thanks for everyone who reply.

I will try when i get home.

May i ask if vet is necessary?? because i read some articles online and they said in order to recover they need shots.

He has hot spots week and i've been using anti itch cream since day one, but till yesterday one spot start bleeding.

Thank you.
    @desertskybulldogs. @Sherry

If you follow these directions..they should clear up. But you need to figure out what is causing them. Desertskybulldogs was suggesting..most often it's a reaction to the food the bully is eating. What food is he on?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Humber
    Likes (Received)

I'm feeding him Pedigree dry food.

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Oh that looks painful. Poor guy.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jxonla View Post
    I'm feeding him Pedigree dry food.
    If it continues to get worse don't hesitate to see your vet. If they give a shot it will most likely be a steroid which will help, but also mask the issue. Once the steroid wears off the hotspots will likely come back.

How old is your bully, and how long on this food? It is a very low grade food with loads of corn, grains, fillers, and junk. Bulldogs rarely do well on these foods. Check out the dog food ratings to find a better choice for your bully.

Hotspots usually come from an allergic reaction to food. Please keep us posted on your progress.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Humber
    Likes (Received)

Hi,

Thanks for your advise i will purchase those 6 Star food for him tonight, since i'm going to petsmart may i ask what else do you suggest me to buy to keep him healthy or help him recover faster.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    If it continues to get worse don't hesitate to see your vet. If they give a shot it will most likely be a steroid which will help, but also mask the issue. Once the steroid wears off the hotspots will likely come back.

How old is your bully, and how long on this food? It is a very low grade food with loads of corn, grains, fillers, and junk. Bulldogs rarely do well on these foods. Check out the dog food ratings to find a better choice for your bully.

Hotspots usually come from an allergic reaction to food. Please keep us posted on your progress.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads