OP
Maife

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
Hi Roe! the prolapse was not too bad so the vet didn't think surgery was necessary, she said it was just an occasional thing, she gave him some medicines and it became better on it's own. His penis it's fine, she was clear on that. The problem is his "pocket" she said that because he sometimes squads to much to pee, dirt gets inside, and that plus the pee residuals caused the area to get sore. That was a couple of weeks ago, now it's back again. This time I'm gonna ask for antibiotics, cause last time she thought a wee-wee shower/flushing for 5 days would be enough, but it obviously wasn't. I just hope he is not in pain, with this boy it's impossible to know, he complains about nothing.

That what you see in the picture is not his penis, it does look like a prolapsed urethra now that I look at it, but his penis is totally inside, that little red ball in the middle is one of those pieces of skin that forms the "opening" you know what I mean? It's just so swollen. In Ulysses normally it kinda looks like a star. It's really hard to explain.

Does he still have a prolapsed urethra? I dont remember if you did the corrective surgery or had him nutuered. The picture looks like he did prolapse and that could cause the discharge if it got infected. basically when they prolapse and the urethra is popped it can cause infections :( That was the main reason we did both surgeries when Brutus prolapsed.

Hope this makes sense as I am curled in the corner trying to type this :)

Last edited:

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
The ball on the tip is the prolapse :( I have some pictures of Brutus and it was the same! Has he been buttered yet? We were told after Brutus prolapsed again that it was 1cm instead of 5cm that it was before surgey. Do you have a bully vet? The vet told us with the relapse we have to keep an eye for infections but since he was buttered te chances are slim! With the prolapse and not being neutered it will cause infections and could possibly cause an infection in the urethra :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Tank had this issue a few times. Make sure to flush his area regularly we did it twice a day and tank was on antibiotics. Our vet said it was common in overly excited males :eek:

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Usko has always been very "active" in that area of his life...and has also dripped some smegma. It did got worse at one point and looked exactly like that. We took him to the vets one morning cause the evening before he acted really sore. They took his blood and found infection...he got antibiotics and has hardly been dripping since. I would advice you to ask for antibiotics, flussing is not enough anymore. You can flush regularly after the infection is gone to prevent it. Remember pro-and prebiotics when giving antibiotics.

OP
Maife

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
Thank you all!. So we got back from the vet a couple hours ago. His pecker is absolutely fine. I was already scared about the prolapsed urethra but it's not that at all. The vet told me this is normal, and in some males it's especially bad like some of you pointed out. His last infection was not completely gone, and it came back a little stronger. She gave me a localised antibiotic to put right into his pocket, she said is the same antibiotic that they use for cow's udder/"breasts", and it apparently works very well in the south area of dogs too. She also gave me chlorhexidine to flush him and then apply the antibiotic. We will do this for 5 days and the go back for a check up. Fingers crossed it'll work!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.