URGENT!!! Privates infection???

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
A few weeks ago Ulysses started dropping more than the normal amount of smegma. I took him to the vet and she gave me some sort of "wee-wee shower" I had to do for 5 days, it was basically to flush his pocket and try to keep it clean. She said it looked like a mild infection of his penis' pocket and that it should be fine. I did the whole treatment and it seemed to be better for a couple of days, but it kept looking red on the outside and I found some deep yellow spots here and there. I did my best to keep him clean and kept him supervised. Today when I came from work this is how it looked. I'm actually really worried because it seems that the infection has gotten worst. I'm taking him in tomorrow in the afternoon. Any ideas what could it be? has anyone dealt with something like this before?? :nope:

Attachments

• IMG_1700.jpg
    IMG_1700.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 213
L

Lucy-licious

Oh dear that looks very sore :(
unfortunately I have never seem anything like this but would suggest he go back to the vets, maybe a course of antibiotic tablets as well as the flush would be needed now xx

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It doesn't look that bad from the pic, I'd just keep it clean until you can get your vet to look at it.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Have you contacted your vet yet to tell them it's worse maybe they can sneak you I'm earlier. Bacon used to get a little ooze when he was a puppy but nothing that bad sorry I can't help

Don't blame me it's my autocorrect "fixing" my bad Emglish

OP
Maife

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
I came home a little late and the vets office was already closed, and the emergency clinic it's just a horrible place to go, was there where Ulysses got his fear of doctors...just awful and unfriendly staff.... and totally ignorant of bully stuff.... I'm gonna try to call tomorrow early and see if she can squeeze us in. I will definitely ask for some antibiotics. My poor baby :( I just feel so sad I can't do anything else for him. He seems absolutely fine (but then again he never complains about anything), just limping a little since a couple hours ago, but I think that's from running like a crazy boy in the park this afternoon. He is now asleep and snoring like a lion. I'm gonna let him rest and see that he gets treated tomorrow.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I've seen some males have excessive discharge. It's not uncommon. Intact males usually have more than a neutered male.
Some just have it worse than others. Make sure he's getting plenty of fresh water several times a day.
See what the vet says and please keep me posted.

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
[MENTION=4663]Maife[/MENTION] Now, be sure to tell him when he's done with the vet that that's what happens when your a naughty bully and you hump in public. That if he keeps it up it will fall off next time! :ROFL: LOL don't you wish you could tell hubbys' that when you just want to go to bed and SLEEP?

OP
Maife

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
:LMAO: I'll make sure to let both of them know :) :) :LMAO:
@Maife Now, be sure to tell him when he's done with the vet that that's what happens when your a naughty bully and you hump in public. That if he keeps it up it will fall off next time! :ROFL: LOL don't you wish you could tell hubbys' that when you just want to go to bed and SLEEP?

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
I came home a little late and the vets office was already closed, and the emergency clinic it's just a horrible place to go, was there where Ulysses got his fear of doctors...just awful and unfriendly staff.... and totally ignorant of bully stuff.... I'm gonna try to call tomorrow early and see if she can squeeze us in. I will definitely ask for some antibiotics. My poor baby :( I just feel so sad I can't do anything else for him. He seems absolutely fine (but then again he never complains about anything), just limping a little since a couple hours ago, but I think that's from running like a crazy boy in the park this afternoon. He is now asleep and snoring like a lion. I'm gonna let him rest and see that he gets treated tomorrow.

Since she already saw him for this maybe you'll get lucky and she'll fit you in for a quickie appt or just call the script in for you. Poor baby.

OP
Maife

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
I will definitely give it a shot. I wish there was some kinda cream I could put on it and voila! all good. But I'm sure is gonna take a while. With bullies it always takes a little longer. All for that smooshy face! :bully: I hope his wee-wee will get better soon!! :pray2:

Since she already saw him for this maybe you'll get lucky and she'll fit you in for a quickie appt or just call the script in for you. Poor baby.

OP
Maife

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
Thanks Sherry, I'll keep you posted. I thought it was normal too, but it just has become more and more, and today it's really foul smelling. Hope a good antibiotic round will do the trick. We'll see what the vet says.

I've seen some males have excessive discharge. It's not uncommon. Intact males usually have more than a neutered male.
Some just have it worse than others. Make sure he's getting plenty of fresh water several times a day.
See what the vet says and please keep me posted.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Thanks Sherry, I'll keep you posted. I thought it was normal too, but it just has become more and more, and today it's really foul smelling. Hope a good antibiotic round will do the trick. We'll see what the vet says.

I had a male that would get it on his thighs regularly. during different seasons it would be worse

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh that looks like it could hurt when he has to go, stings I bet. I know with Wilson during the winter months I have to clean his wee wee periodocially. During the summer he's in his pool every day so that keeps it clean. Bulldogs as you've discovered cannot bend to clean certain areas that most dogs can. Wilson doesn't get too much discharge, he's neutered but he does get some so I check him. Curious to know what the vet says. Seems like the first infection never had enough time to heal? Poor guy.

Last edited:

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Does he still have a prolapsed urethra? I dont remember if you did the corrective surgery or had him nutuered. The picture looks like he did prolapse and that could cause the discharge if it got infected. basically when they prolapse and the urethra is popped it can cause infections :( That was the main reason we did both surgeries when Brutus prolapsed.

Hope this makes sense as I am curled in the corner trying to type this :)

Most Reactions