Other This is what Otis pooped out this morning - currently at vet, no blockage, blood work OK - VERY SCARY

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Injested Rope Toy.jpg This is a 6" long rope toy along with a clump of pine needles.

Yesterday was a weird day but could have helped move this along.

Started out by me bringing my son home from work yesterday afternoon and when we arrived our smoke detectors were going off in the house, I'm sure you all know how loud that is. Poor Otis, no idea how long they were going off, so I took him with me back to work just in case. From the moment we got to my work he had started to have diarrea, it lasted the rest of the day, all night and this morning. Found this on the rug when I awoke (not sure how I missed it because we were both up all night so I must have fallen into a dead sleep.

Called the vet first thing, they asked a gammit of questions to include was there any vommiting, which there was not - right before we left for the vet he began to vomit.

Received call moments ago, no blockage, blood work good. Keeping him until this afternoon for observation.

I have not seen this rope toy for about a week, how long ago did he injest it, I dont know - I watch him so close and would never have put it in his crate with him. Was it in his crate under his blankets and the smoke alarm noise made him nervous enought to eat, who knows.

Thankfully he is okay, sore butt, very tired. Praise the lord.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Awwww... poooooor baby Otis..... I hope it is all passed, so to speak ;) Sounds like you two going to need to do some major cuddling when he gets home.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wow I am so glad he passed it, hope there is nothing else. That is enormous!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
OH My Goodness I'm so glad he was able to pass it and will be ok! I steer clear of the ropes because my babies would eat them too. Stick with the nylabones and antlers!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
That's unreal. How in the world do they manage to eat then pass something like that??
The worst is over though and he's ok. Take a deep breath and time to relax (at least until the next episode :blink: ).

Last edited:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So happy he passed it and is OK now. They will eat just about anything.

OP
LynnA

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
:eek: Yes..I have seen similiar things from jake..both ends! Never a rope toy in the house...not with Jake!

Hope he feels better..poor guy.

That's one scary mess to find, at first I was like what is that, thought it was a squirrel, mouse...etc Yup, Otis is on strict diet and strict toy restrictions.

OP
LynnA

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
That's unreal. How in the world do they manage to eat then pass something like that??
The worst is over though and he's ok. Take a deep breath and time to relax (at least until the next episode :blink: ).

I have no idea! You would have thought he'd choke while swallowing. I thought he would have had to throw it up but nope came out the bumbee.

Deep breathing here. You're correct, until the next episode, I swear he cost me more then my son....lol

OP
LynnA

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Thanks everyone for your support, I've never seen such a sight and never want to see it again.

OP
LynnA

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
YIKES!!! Otis dodged an expensive surgery! I am so glad he was able to pass that rope!

I know it Alice! The estimate he gave me before I left was horrifying. He's worth every penny though, thank god for pet insurance.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.