General Question Oh! Those wonderful wrinkles!

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I have heard so many different solutions for wrinkle care and wanted to see what you all recommend for our new girl. I've heard to use witch hazel, baby wipes, dry gauze, medicated powder, etc. I want to be proactive and make sure she has healthy skin. I plan to feed her a high end holistic food that did wonders for my bullmastiffs' skin and ear issues, but want to do all i can to keep her clean and comfortable in her skin.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Just don't clean them too much especially with witch hazel, using it everyday can cause irritation. Clean them as needed. Most of our we only clean once or twice a week. We have a couple girls we hardly clean at all and they have no problem, so just play it by ear.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Well..I tend not to fuss too much. Sometimes I just think..less is more. Unless of course there is an ongoing need. I do use Duoxo pads once a week and witch hazel. I like the witch hazel because its an astringent so no worries about moisture being left behind. When Jake gets a full bath..I use a Qtip and witch hazel and really clean his wrinkles. Then I follow up with cotton pads. If I notice any irritation, I use a teeny..tiny dab of Desitin.

OP
ChrisRN

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Thanks. I like the "less is more" philosophy. I believe a good diet will help--and then she shouldn't need too much extra fussing over. As much as she likes attention, she really fought me last weekend when we met and I was trying to wipe nasty boogers from her nose and snout (she has an upper resp infection). It reminded me of my kids when they were young! I was impressed at her ability to shoot those loogies a across the room when she sneezed though! :ohmy:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Thanks. I like the "less is more" philosophy. I believe a good diet will help--and then she shouldn't need too much extra fussing over. As much as she likes attention, she really fought me last weekend when we met and I was trying to wipe nasty boogers from her nose and snout (she has an upper resp infection). It reminded me of my kids when they were young! I was impressed at her ability to shoot those loogies a across the room when she sneezed though! :ohmy:

:ROFL: One of their many "hidden" talents! [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] can share a couple stories about those sneezes and her Vegas!
Ohhhhh Kelly...come here Kelly.....

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
If (I really hope u don't n it seems like u have a good preemptive plan in place) but if for whatever reason she ever developed a yeasty nose rope the miracle product apple cider vinegar will help kill the yeast and heal her nose :D unfortunately I learned this firsthand but thankfully others suggested I use it n it totally worked :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
great food will definitely make a difference.... David and Becky gave you great advice on 'less is more' with the wiping.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
I also like using the Duoxo pads, mostly because it's easy... I just get in his wrinkles with the pad every few days, and we have had no irritation issues. And it doesn't smell bad like the first pads I've tried, can't remember the brand name.

Most Reactions