General Question Ton gets. New Vet (will he lose his eye?)

A

Alaskasmom1

So, here's an update on my Ton. Sunday, Tons eye started to swell....AGAIN! Monday morning I call his vet because the new vet had an appt set and was ready to see him for initial exam, soon. I told the receptionist that I wanted Dr. To prescribed another oral antibiotic because as soon as he was done taking the crap she had given him, the infection was back...for the third time. So, she said to come get it. I drove 45 min. Before I had to be at work only to find she had ordered more drops. I was pretty mad. I reminded her that I had said, if I didn't get an oral med i was going to take him somewhere else. Receptionist/vet tech stated "we'll, Dr blank doesn't feel it's a good idea because he's too little and if he needed an antibiotic later his body would become immune." I left there, went to work for a few hrs, left work early and went to the new vet. She immediately said Clavamox, agreed he needed oral meds plus a different eye med, and told me he may lose his site in that eye. She was a very kind, great vet! When I went to get Tons records, I was met with oh my goodness, the vet never got a message that you wanted oral meds, etc.mi would have believed that except she has been so utterly incompetent from day one. Our Vet hasn't been here still. So, now they are ringing my phone off the chain, I kicked them off of Facebook, and I've never felt better about this decision. All I know is, Ton had better get over this or I may speak to an attorney. I can't buy him an eyeball, but, someone somewhere can use the money as a donation to hospice pets.
image.jpg

ScottFree00

Dec 13, 2012
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Ugh. Poor guy. Just thinking about eye infections makes mine water. Hope he gets over it with no loss of vision. Good luck on the new vet.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OP
M

mabel lou

So happy your at peace with making a decision to get a new vet. Maybe it won't be to late and the new vet will be able to help with the issues. Of course the other vet is not going to like the idea of losing someone, but I agree when enough is enough then you gotta go. He is a cutie pie though and you have done right by him all along. Let us all know how it works out. God bless

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
So sorry you and Ton have to go through this and him possibly losing his eye over an infection. Sounds like the old vet from what little I know may not be experienced enough in eye infections. I know I’ve gone to a few vets over the years where they wanted to pull one of my dogs teeth and a few other things. We declined each time and he ended up being fine. Vets are just like doctors, not all of them know everything and some are just plain inexperienced. I hope that Ton’s eye will be ok. :pray: I'm so glad you got him to another vet too, hopefully in time.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh sweet little boy, I hope he will be okay. I am so glad you got a new vet!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

OP
A

Alaskasmom1

Thanks guys! Please pray! And whoever moved my new thread thanks! I totally didn't realize I started it in wrong place!!

DesertBum

Sep 11, 2012
Tucson, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Xena
I'm sorry too that Ton and you have to go through all this. I sure do hope that he is able to keep his vision :pray:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Tina...you were right to leave and you've made the right decisions all along
this difficult journey.

Keep your Faith in GOD's love & care for you & Ton...I will keep praying for
y'all.

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Such a difficult journey you and baby Ton have had to go through. I join with everyone in sending prayers and positive energy for little Ton. It sounds like you are at peace with your decision and Ton is now in capable hands with the new vet. I am so sorry you have had to go through all of the stress of not being supported as you fight for your little babybully Ton. Hugs.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
HOLY CRAP.... that is beyond horrible in client service and patient care. Best of luck to you with the new vet and I send hugs, prayers and positive thoughts for little ton.

Keep us posted --- and major kuddos to you for following your instincts and getting your baby to a new vet!!

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
I hope that all your diligence and the new vet will prevent Ton from losing half his vision...heal fast Ton.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Wow...it always amazes me ...the incompetence in places we deserve so much more. Praying for precious Ton to be healthy and strong..and for you to keep up the fight! :)

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Hoping this vet is way better. Ton and my baby are the same age, they're just a few days apart, and this just makes me sooo mad!! But, he's a tough little guy and I think he'll be fine!
He's in my thoughts, Alaskamom1

OP
A

Alaskasmom1

Thanks. I'm so sad right now. Here's an email I just got from the owner/ vet at the offending clinic( names removed of course). I'm so sad. This was all so unnecessary.

Me,(alaskasm1)
Thank you so much for emailing me. I was very upset to receive your email that you were so upset you had decided to leave blank Vet CLinic. I greatly appreciate your willingness to tell me what has happened so that I can make appropriate measures to not let it happen again. I have heard different things said here when I have asked and none of it adds up, so hearing the real story from you would be greatly appreciated. At this point, I can't figure it out. I also want to reassure you that I am here at the clinic every MOnday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and every other Saturday unless emergencies with my parents arise. I would love to see you with Tank, ALaska, and TOn. You can always call for an appointment and ask for me!!!! I had been letting Dr Blank see you at the rechecks because I knew that she and Blank , the tech, seemed bonded to him since they delivered him.
So again thank you for being willing to share your experiences so I can put these pieces together and prevent it from reoccurring. I value my clients and want them to be treated the way I would want to be treated!!! I also still hope we can work through this and I can still take care of your needs but I will always respect your opinion!!! My private email is blank....

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online