General Question Ton gets. New Vet (will he lose his eye?)

OP
A

Alaskasmom1

I am so very sad. All of the weeks and weeks of trying to help my Ton have hit me. I'm glad we are in revival at church this week. My heart is so crushed for him. Those of you who pray, remember us. We need help to pull this off and him be cured completely. If he has one eye fine. But he deserves two like he had when he was born!!! That's how he got here, with two!!

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
You deserve a huge award for the care and dedication you've shown to little Ton since the day he was born. I can't imagine the stress you're feeling and frankly if I were you I'd be so stinking pissed off at that idiot veterinarian. I am so glad you went to a new vet and I bet you are too! Thank you for making that hard decision for Ton's sake. We continue to pray for him and his health, that poor little one has been through so much hell in his short weeks of life! You keep fighting the good fight for him, and we'll keep supporting and praying. Hopefully his new doctor can save his little eye. :(

ScottFree00

Dec 13, 2012
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Saying a prayer. Remember His eye is on the sparrow....and bulldogs I'm sure.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It has been a very stressful few months and it is all hitting you... Try to breathe.. :hug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
A

Alaskasmom1

Saying a prayer. Remember His eye is on the sparrow....and bulldogs I'm sure.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Yes, HIS eye IS on the sparrow. That blessed my heart. Thank you for reminding me.

OP
A

Alaskasmom1

Angel award for you , and everyone here from Ton and me

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
[MENTION=4278]Alaskasmom1[/MENTION] I had a similar experience with our old vet with Mac's entropian only it was the stupid receptionist that would't listen or relay my messages properly. Mac had entropian, got ointment for it and he wanted to hold off since he was so little and was afraid he'd take too much skin and it'd stretch out too much later. Took him back and agreed ok we'll do it sooner. Woke up 2 days later and it was BAD. Called the vet, receptionist said ok a week from Friday ok? Well no, not if today's TUESDAY and you mean NEXT Friday! Can't another doc at the practice do it?? She went back and forth with me that I don't need to be so worried about it, he'll be fine and it's not that urgent. I had it, doc finally called me myself and he said he'll do it tomorrow since he's the one who put it off he'll come in early as his 2 surgical techs already come in at that time and they'd start it ASAP. Well, I get a call at work that he's had to back out of the surgery because his eye is so bad it's beyond his help and he needs an expert. Well, needless to say that the expert (which she really really was!) agreed that if it had waited any longer he would have lost his eyeball completely. That lady just kept arguing though. Us moms know best, that's all I have to say. So glad you got a new vet.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Im so glad you found a vet you like! And I hope his eye gets better!

lacee

Dec 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
mollee
Im glad you switched when you did. I know you personally and how long you have been going to the same place so i know it was a hard made choice. He's in good hands, yours, the new vet and GOD. Ton will come through this and you will finally be able to get rest.

My prayers are for you both......Love you both!!!! Stay strong and remember ............

I know who goes before me

I know who stands behind me

The GOD of angel armies
Is always by my side.

Thats off of a Chris Tomlin song and is powerful words. I love them

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh geez i have been away for a bit and im just seeing this. im so glad that you changed vets as sometimes is necessary. i changed vets one time and as her new practice got bigger and bigger well she seems less and less interested in my sarah so i went back to my old vet. best decision i ever made. i so hope ton is going to be ok and with 2 eyes. i know miracles can happen. bless you dear for looking after your baby.

OP
A

Alaskasmom1

Thanks guys...at the moment Ton has crawled under my recliner to go to sleep while I had it open and laid back. Now, I'm trying to figure out how to climb out of it so he doesn't get hurt. Silly Bully! I call him and he looks up through the footrest ever so sweetly while staying put under there...

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.