Help Needed! Inverted Eye Lashes AKA Entropion (questions)

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
So the Breeder said she will take my Sasha Fierce today and get her the proper treatment needed to correct her issues at her expense. The only issue I have is she wants her for about a month. That doesn't sit well with me. I'll miss my sassy Sasha, so I doubt a month will work! What should I do?

Oooiiii I wouldn't do it but then again idk what the price is looking like for Sasha's vet bills!!!!! It's sounds a bit fishy to me y won't she just split the bill with u or pay it without having to take her back for a month :(!!!!!!! It's a personal decision but think about her, is this breeder doing it for the love of bulldogs or the $$, is she going to be well taken care of or stuck in a crate all day? That's a lot of stress on such a little girl n she has been bonding with u is this transition going to delay that bonding????? I don't mean this to sound cruel by any means but we know when we buy bullies that they have a lot of breed specific issues so we kind of expect to have higher than normal vet bills so we are prepared (I got nailed with an almost $1,300 spay bill) is her vet bills (whatever they may be) worth giving ur puppy up for a month to someone you really don't know??????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
UGH... I could not do the month either.... I would conter her by saying you will have everything addressed and ask her to split the costs with you. I'd rather my vet do the work, pay half the bill and she stay at home with me!

Hmmm... I don't like the sound of that either!!! I mean why does she have to be away from you for a month?? I would ask around for quotes and do what Christine has mentioned above!!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I agree with [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] and tell her you want to keep your baby and see if she will split the cost with you.

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
sorry so late getting to this .. Duke had entropian surgery on both eyes when he was a little over a year old. I think it was developing when he was younger. He kept getting an ulcer.
Yes unfortunately it is very common in the breed. We had the surgery and Duke is now 5 and 1/2 and has never had any other eye issues.
We too have delt with allergies, dry skin, etc... all the fun things with bullies..

Wish I had better news for you. If you do get the surgery feel fee to PM me with any questions.. Best of luck to you !

ps if its any help Duke seemed to have EVERYTHING that is common in bulldogs. At about two years of age it did all calm down , now we just take him for his wellness checks.. ( touch wood! ) .. :pray:

OP
B

BIGBIGSURGE

Jan 2, 2013
San Diego, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sasha Fierce
Well, she wouldn't split the cost with me. She wouldn't pay my current vet bills. She said she has her vet connections and they will take care of Sasha for me. Its been about 24 hours since I dropped her off and honestly this situation won't last a month. I actually miss my little Bully! I have spent about $800 in the 5 weeks that I have had her. I expected issues but not so early on, her insurance was still in the waiting period so now everything she has been seen for is considered preexisting. It truly sucks! I know it will come to suing the breeder and keeping Sasha.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Well, she wouldn't split the cost with me. She wouldn't pay my current vet bills. She said she has her vet connections and they will take care of Sasha for me. Its been about 24 hours since I dropped her off and honestly this situation won't last a month. I actually miss my little Bully! I have spent about $800 in the 5 weeks that I have had her. I expected issues but not so early on, her insurance was still in the waiting period so now everything she has been seen for is considered preexisting. It truly sucks! I know it will come to suing the breeder and keeping Sasha.

You are in a pickle sir, go with your gut and do what makes it right for you

mistshadow

Dec 30, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Athena and Ty
I can't believe the breeder is insisting on keeping your Sasha for a month. Our rescue bully just had this same issue. He went in for surgery a week and a half ago. He is already running around back to normal. He returns to the vet this week to have stitches removed and hopefully no more cone collar (which is hates to no end). I would definetly be considering taking them to small claims court or hiring an attorney. Good luck!

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online