Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inverted Eye Lashes AKA Entropion (questions)

Bulldog(s) Names
    Sasha Fierce
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Inverted Eye Lashes AKA Entropion (questions)

So the Breeder said she will take my Sasha Fierce today and get her the proper treatment needed to correct her issues at her expense. The only issue I have is she wants her for about a month. That doesn't sit well with me. I'll miss my sassy Sasha, so I doubt a month will work! What should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Davidh View Post
    It is hereditary and it can show up at any age. Plus as @Sherry said the sire and dam may not even have it but it could be in one of their line somewhere. I would think the breeder should help you with some of the cost.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBIGSURGE View Post
    So the Breeder said she will take my Sasha Fierce today and get her the proper treatment needed to correct her issues at her expense. The only issue I have is she wants her for about a month. That doesn't sit well with me. I'll miss my sassy Sasha, so I doubt a month will work! What should I do?

UGH... I could not do the month either.... I would conter her by saying you will have everything addressed and ask her to split the costs with you. I'd rather my vet do the work, pay half the bill and she stay at home with me!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn, but maybe my login name gave it away...lol
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    UGH... I could not do the month either.... I would conter her by saying you will have everything addressed and ask her to split the costs with you. I'd rather my vet do the work, pay half the bill and she stay at home with me!
    I would ask the same.
    Otis you'll never know how much I love you I love you more then all the leaves on all the trees

Doggie Boutique Owner porkysmamma's Avatar
    Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porkchop aka Porky
    Likes (Received)

Oooiiii I wouldn't do it but then again idk what the price is looking like for Sasha's vet bills!!!!! It's sounds a bit fishy to me y won't she just split the bill with u or pay it without having to take her back for a month !!!!!!! It's a personal decision but think about her, is this breeder doing it for the love of bulldogs or the $$, is she going to be well taken care of or stuck in a crate all day? That's a lot of stress on such a little girl n she has been bonding with u is this transition going to delay that bonding????? I don't mean this to sound cruel by any means but we know when we buy bullies that they have a lot of breed specific issues so we kind of expect to have higher than normal vet bills so we are prepared (I got nailed with an almost $1,300 spay bill) is her vet bills (whatever they may be) worth giving ur puppy up for a month to someone you really don't know??????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Never knew what our lives were missing until we found our princess

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post

Hmmm... I don't like the sound of that either!!! I mean why does she have to be away from you for a month?? I would ask around for quotes and do what Christine has mentioned above!!!

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

I agree with @2BullyMama and tell her you want to keep your baby and see if she will split the cost with you.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duke
    Likes (Received)

sorry so late getting to this .. Duke had entropian surgery on both eyes when he was a little over a year old. I think it was developing when he was younger. He kept getting an ulcer.
    Yes unfortunately it is very common in the breed. We had the surgery and Duke is now 5 and 1/2 and has never had any other eye issues.
    We too have delt with allergies, dry skin, etc... all the fun things with bullies..

Wish I had better news for you. If you do get the surgery feel fee to PM me with any questions.. Best of luck to you !

ps if its any help Duke seemed to have EVERYTHING that is common in bulldogs. At about two years of age it did all calm down , now we just take him for his wellness checks.. ( touch wood! ) ..

Bulldog(s) Names
    Sasha Fierce
    Likes (Received)

Well, she wouldn't split the cost with me. She wouldn't pay my current vet bills. She said she has her vet connections and they will take care of Sasha for me. Its been about 24 hours since I dropped her off and honestly this situation won't last a month. I actually miss my little Bully! I have spent about $800 in the 5 weeks that I have had her. I expected issues but not so early on, her insurance was still in the waiting period so now everything she has been seen for is considered preexisting. It truly sucks! I know it will come to suing the breeder and keeping Sasha.

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Well, she wouldn't split the cost with me. She wouldn't pay my current vet bills. She said she has her vet connections and they will take care of Sasha for me. Its been about 24 hours since I dropped her off and honestly this situation won't last a month. I actually miss my little Bully! I have spent about $800 in the 5 weeks that I have had her. I expected issues but not so early on, her insurance was still in the waiting period so now everything she has been seen for is considered preexisting. It truly sucks! I know it will come to suing the breeder and keeping Sasha.

You are in a pickle sir, go with your gut and do what makes it right for you
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Bulldog(s) Names
    Athena and Ty
    Likes (Received)

I can't believe the breeder is insisting on keeping your Sasha for a month. Our rescue bully just had this same issue. He went in for surgery a week and a half ago. He is already running around back to normal. He returns to the vet this week to have stitches removed and hopefully no more cone collar (which is hates to no end). I would definetly be considering taking them to small claims court or hiring an attorney. Good luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads