Help Needed! Depression from oncoming heat cycle?

SavageLucyMom

Aug 10, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Savage and Lucy
Hello,
My beautiful one year old female bulldog Lucy is due for her second head cycle any day now... but for the last week or so she has been acting quite different. She leaves her crate for her morning feeding/potty break and goes straight back to her crate sometimes without even eating... I have to force her to leave her crate when we are home so she can spend time with the family. It is almost as if she is a little depressed. Could this be caused by her upcoming heat cycle. She is eating and drinking normally. Any ideas?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Is she swelling at all yet? She may not feel well, that is certainly a possibility. I was just telling [MENTION=3123]agingermom[/MENTION] yesterday that they get cramps just like we do. I would watch her close tho, just in case there is something else wrong. If she refuses to eat or drink, or runs a temperature, or if you feel in your gut something is not right, don't hesitate to bring her into your vet. Trust your instincts. Hope she is okay :hug:

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Sorry i have no advice but if they do get baddy bellys like us i sympathise with your poor baby girl .. Just keep a close eye she might just be hormonal .. Ice cream always cheers me up lol so maybe her fav treat might cheer her up too :2thumbs:

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Sorry i have no advice but if they do get baddy bellys like us i sympathise with your poor baby girl .. Just keep a close eye she might just be hormonal .. Ice cream always cheers me up lol so maybe her fav treat might cheer her up too :2thumbs:

Translation please, lol!! Baddy Bellys? i am so using that from now on!!. Bertha is in her first heat and I have not noticed the emotion al stuff yet. It is killing my husband that I am insisting she sleeps in her crate. He is missing his bully hat!!

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Lol maybe its a welshy phrase i forget US use different sayings! Rephrase : poorly belly lol! ... Its like it kills me not to call a cuddle a cwtch (thats what we call them here in Wales) .. If i wrote cwtch in a sentence though you would all be baffled! :w00t:

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Our female Boeboe got super bitchy and moody during her heat periods:( Nothing was good enough and our other dogs weren't in most cases even allowed to go near her without her having a fit. She however had hormonal problems and we spayed her due to it, her hormones "calmed down" and she is now always her normal self:) Think dogs also can feel something is different, I get moody:blush2: so they probably do too... Hope your girl will feel better soon<3

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.