General Question remove those bumpy things on his nose? do other owners have this issue?

theswopes

Jan 7, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Kyle
My 2 year old bulldog gets these little things on his nose. He hates when i pick at them, so i dont want to hurt him, but if they need to be removed, they need to be removed. Advice? helpful info?

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Put aquaphor lotion or snout soother on it to soften it up. Then a warm wash cloth can help to remove the flakes. If it is dry, I wouldn't try and flake it tho.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Put aquaphor lotion or snout soother on it to soften it up. Then a warm wash cloth can help to remove the flakes. If it is dry, I wouldn't try and flake it tho.

yep, I do this too. even Vaseline will soften it up

OP
T

theswopes

Jan 7, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Kyle
He just licks off anything that i put on him. Do i keep applying? i dont want him to eat a bunch of chemicals that are bad for him

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
What is snout soother?

snoutsoother2oz.jpg

Contains nut oils, shea butter, and vitamin E. The dog can lick it all day long without it hurting him. You can even use it on your own chapped lips. But, of course, the more he licks it off, the lesser soother remains on his nose, so after you apply the soother, give him a nylabone or something to chew on so the thing can at least get absorbed before he licks it. Also you can try to apply it while he's sleeping so hopefully he doesn't wake up enough to want to lick it off.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
We tried snout soother for a while and it worked for a bit then stopped working. :down:

In the end I just use Aquaphor which you can pick up for a couple of $$$'s. The advantage that I found with aquaphor is that it is so intensive that you use a tiny bit and it seems to sink in quick enough to have some effect before they lick it off. OR as is more common in my house .......... they run along the sides of my furniture and rub their nose up and down my couches!

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
I have to keep Schultz's nose hydrated with snout soother, aquafor, and even sometimes pure argen oil....otherwise it gets crusty.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I use aquaphor for my two boys and reapply whenever necessary. They can't lick everything off though, maybe just the front of their noses, but not the top.

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
I usually use vaseline. Ulysses has a tendency to have a very very dry nose during the winter. He licks it off like crazy, but it's so sticky that it still helps. I have noticed though that sometimes he gets a little diarrhoea afterwards. I'm not 100% sure they are connected, he also gets loose stools when we go for walks in town, I guess due to over excitement or stress of being surrounded by lots of people. Anyways the vaseline works great for us, but I'm definitely gonna try some of the stuff other bully parents mentioned here :yes:.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I started using Vaseline a couple nights ago. Mabel hates it, but I believe her nose looks a little better today. I like it because she can't lick it all off.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.