General Question Food transition question

bcarro45

Jan 15, 2013
Pasadena,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Beaux
I am sure It has been posted before, tried during a search and didnt find exactly what I was looking for. Started transitioning old food with new food, going slow but wondering if there is a noticable change in stool when this is being done. Today is the seond day and noticed a little softer, but still formed and grainier.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I am sure It has been posted before, tried during a search and didnt find exactly what I was looking for. Started transitioning old food with new food, going slow but wondering if there is a noticable change in stool when this is being done. Today is the seond day and noticed a little softer, but still formed and grainier.

Don't worry about posting any question ever :)

Yes you will likely notice a change in stool consistency as well as (open some windows!!!) smelling gas, until you are fully switched. It really depends on how sensitive their tummies are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yes and if it gets too soft, go a tad slower on the transition. You can also add pure canned pumpkin (1Tbsp/day) to the food to help keep things firm. Just not the pie mixture, must be 100% pure pumpkin.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes and if it gets too soft, go a tad slower on the transition. You can also add pure canned pumpkin (1Tbsp/day) to the food to help keep things firm. Just not the pie mixture, must be 100% pure pumpkin.

Jenn has you covered with good advice^^^^

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

Since the brands were not listed, your reason for switching was due to better new brand, better quality or health related issue.

But just because you are switching to a different brand, this could actually be the cause for a new problem? If after 7-10 days you are still having issues, it COULD be the new FOOD?

Also, only switch one thing at a time. Too many variables makes it too hard to pinpoint what is the cause.

take it slowly,

Good Day~

OP
bcarro45

bcarro45

Jan 15, 2013
Pasadena,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Beaux
Every thing is good and he its taking the new food good. Was worried that he was going to many times but the newer foods seems to be filling him up better and he its not going as much now

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I am so concerned about this when we adopt our bully this weekend. I was told she is eating lamb and rice, but no specifics as to brand (possibly Pro Plan). The food I fed our male bullmastiff who had horrible allergies is what we'll be trying, but it may be a rapid switch. Keep us in your thoughts this weekend as we turn her little world upside down--new home, new people, new food, etc.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online