Other It was a hard decision but I hope I chose the right path... Getting her spayed tomorrow at Snap

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
I know, Ruckus was expensive too.😕 When you get there in the morning you will either feel comfortable and confident with the whole atmosphere, Dr.s, staff, or you can just walk out. Many of the low cost clinics in my area are like chop shops, so we took Ruckus to our regular vet.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i tried to take sarah to a spay neuter clinic and she was turned down because she was overweight and the vet there did not feel comfortable doing it. i think you have to go with your gut instinct really.

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Okay so this is the third time I am writing this post... my computer is just not helping me today...

I dropped Izzy off at SNAP this morning and the facility seems to be great. They provide spay and neuter services at a low cost and you pay their fee plus they accept donations. I spoke to the vet and he assured me that they will use the gas ISO on her plus he told me that they have had many bulldogs fixed over there.

I will keep you all posted. They will call me today at 5pm to pick her up.

Last edited:

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
Sounds good!! Like I said, your gut will tell you what to do when you got there! Hopefully when she gets home she'll be nice and calm to recover unlike Ruckus lol!

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Wishing Izzy a speedy recovery!

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I have a feeling that if you ask her normal vet who charge $500+ on the spay that they would say they do their procedure the exact same way SNAP told you they do theirs. We had a great low-cost vet in my town. He basically earns most of the operating cost of the office through donations. But then he retired and some other vet took over. Ever since then, the place went waaaaay down in quality of service. I think the new vet got tired of giving vet services to BYBs... a lot of BYBs use that clinic to vet check and vaccinate their jillion puppies.

brileythebully

Jan 17, 2013
Houston
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Briley
I realize you've already dropped her off, but if anyone around the Houston/Katy (I'm originally from there) or the San antonio (I moved here a few months back for school) area are looking for a good inexpensive vet for these types of procedures, let me know. My EB was Cryptorchid, meaning only one of his testicles descended resulting in a very extensive and expensive surgery into the abdomen, so I did ALOT of research and got ALOT of quotes. Some quotes up to $800+ and with some research, patience, and a lot of calling around I found much cheaper places and ended up paying only $350. (Katy)
Also, the cherry eye procedure had me doing the same calling around and visiting, etc, and I found another great place that did it for $175. (San Antonio)
Excuse my rambling lol, basically if anyone needs great affordable vets in these areas I'm more than willing to help you out. It was all a PAIN IN THE BUTT, so if I can save any of you from it, I'd love to. :)

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
I just wanted to reassure you that my ladies were spayed at a low cost county clinic and everything was fine. I also was quoted $500 at their regular vet and thought that was excessive. I was also nervous because the low cost vet kept stressing the danger and no guarantees, etc. But I felt she was confident in her manner. Everything was fine. She said to keep them quiet for a week, limit stairs...I was quite horrified that they were running up and down the stairs that same night and jumping in the bed! They've been just great ever since.

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Just picked her up, everything went well. The total cost was $80,00 plus $12 for the pain medication. We just got home and i grave her half a cup of food so I could give her the pain med and she is sleeping now, my little angel :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 36

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Just picked her up, everything went well. The total cost was $80,00 plus $12 for the pain medication. We just got home and i grave her half a cup of food so I could give her the pain med and she is sleeping now, my little angel :)

Happy all went well... she looks to be nice and comfy back at home

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online