Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It was a hard decision but I hope I chose the right path... Getting her spayed tomorrow at Snap

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: It was a hard decision but I hope I chose the right path... Getting her spayed tomorrow at Snap

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy's Mom View Post
    Just found on their website:
    The proposed spay/neuter clinics would adhere to the surgical guidelines developed by SNAP, which require that only veterinarians perform surgery. Animals would be sedated with IV Ketamine/Valium, intubated, and placed on isoflurane gas. Every animal would be placed on a heart monitor and pulse oximeter during surgery. One sterile surgery pack per animal will be used. A triple layer closure with absorbable suture materials would be required. Prophylaxis antibiotics would be given to every animal.

But ask anyway!

Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: It was a hard decision but I hope I chose the right path... Getting her spayed tomorrow at Snap

The main thing is ISO gas if they use other things it can take bullys a long time to wake up and they may need help with their breathing longer after!

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Ditto! Ask but don't mention the iso. See if its what they will actually say!
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Doggie Boutique Owner Izzy's Mom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michelle
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Izzy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post

But ask anyway!
    I will, would never let my baby have an unsafe procedure due to cost. Thank you all for advices!

My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog’s eyes.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus
    Likes (Received)

I know, Ruckus was expensive too.😕 When you get there in the morning you will either feel comfortable and confident with the whole atmosphere, Dr.s, staff, or you can just walk out. Many of the low cost clinics in my area are like chop shops, so we took Ruckus to our regular vet.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

i tried to take sarah to a spay neuter clinic and she was turned down because she was overweight and the vet there did not feel comfortable doing it. i think you have to go with your gut instinct really.

Doggie Boutique Owner Izzy's Mom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michelle
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Izzy
    Likes (Received)

Okay so this is the third time I am writing this post... my computer is just not helping me today...

I dropped Izzy off at SNAP this morning and the facility seems to be great. They provide spay and neuter services at a low cost and you pay their fee plus they accept donations. I spoke to the vet and he assured me that they will use the gas ISO on her plus he told me that they have had many bulldogs fixed over there.

I will keep you all posted. They will call me today at 5pm to pick her up.
    Last edited by Izzy's Mom; 01-21-2013 at 11:20 AM.

My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog’s eyes.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus
    Likes (Received)

Sounds good!! Like I said, your gut will tell you what to do when you got there! Hopefully when she gets home she'll be nice and calm to recover unlike Ruckus lol!

Bulldog Vet in Training Lauren31287's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Hoping for a fast recovery for her!!!

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nigel Wentworth Sinclair & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Wishing Izzy a speedy recovery!

Cheerio mates!

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

I have a feeling that if you ask her normal vet who charge $500+ on the spay that they would say they do their procedure the exact same way SNAP told you they do theirs. We had a great low-cost vet in my town. He basically earns most of the operating cost of the office through donations. But then he retired and some other vet took over. Ever since then, the place went waaaaay down in quality of service. I think the new vet got tired of giving vet services to BYBs... a lot of BYBs use that clinic to vet check and vaccinate their jillion puppies.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Real Name
    Dominique
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Briley
    Likes (Received)

I realize you've already dropped her off, but if anyone around the Houston/Katy (I'm originally from there) or the San antonio (I moved here a few months back for school) area are looking for a good inexpensive vet for these types of procedures, let me know. My EB was Cryptorchid, meaning only one of his testicles descended resulting in a very extensive and expensive surgery into the abdomen, so I did ALOT of research and got ALOT of quotes. Some quotes up to $800+ and with some research, patience, and a lot of calling around I found much cheaper places and ended up paying only $350. (Katy)
    Also, the cherry eye procedure had me doing the same calling around and visiting, etc, and I found another great place that did it for $175. (San Antonio)
    Excuse my rambling lol, basically if anyone needs great affordable vets in these areas I'm more than willing to help you out. It was all a PAIN IN THE BUTT, so if I can save any of you from it, I'd love to.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads