MeekosMummy

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
If it doesnt work il have to get past my fears and do anything for him to eat but i really do think hes just trying his luck because some days he will eat with yoghurt and some days you put yoghurt on it and he wont touch it until you add cheese or ham or chicken or dog meat and he will scoff the lot down. And i would just keep givin him extras until he ate it. But not no more he needs to stop it cos its gettin out of control. And like i say its not that he dislikes the food as he eats it from your hand or as a treat iv even tried going back to his plastic bowl from when he was a pup (he has metal but used to have plastic. I kno theyr frowned upon but was trying ever possible thing). His health is fine he is playin jumpin around and drinkin plenty. This only started when i started puttin cottage cheese on his evenin meal then he started refusin brekfast without the cottage cheese and it got worse and worse x

OP
MeekosMummy

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Grrrr its me against the world. I gave Meeko plain biscuits again this morning and he wasnt interested so i picked them up. Went to the shop come back and the Hubby puy dog meat on there .. He wouldnt eat it so added yoghurt and he ate most of it. Causing a bit of a row cos he knows what ive been doin and he said he had to make him eat some food cos his stomach kept rumblin! Meekos never goin to learn like this! X

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Grrrr its me against the world. I gave Meeko plain biscuits again this morning and he wasnt interested so i picked them up. Went to the shop come back and the Hubby puy dog meat on there .. He wouldnt eat it so added yoghurt and he ate most of it. Causing a bit of a row cos he knows what ive been doin and he said he had to make him eat some food cos his stomach kept rumblin! Meekos never goin to learn like this! X

UH OH!! Gotta get daddy on the same page....

OP
MeekosMummy

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
RESULT.. I didnt do it quite as planned lol bit Meeko just ate his tea!! :2thumbs: .. I have 4 different flavour/brand dog foods (good and crap) and different dishes metal and plastic. So i put all 4 flavours of foods in different dishes he sniffed them all then started to eat the 2nd one. Unfortunately its a not so great brand BUT atm im just glad hes eating anything to be truthful. It was in his old plastic dish though so now tomorrow im gonna put the same food in both the metal and plastic dish to see which he favours and if its the dish causing the problem. He actually ate 2 lots of food after he ate the first lot i filled the bowl back up cos he was asking for more and he ate it. Not ideal to overfeed but he looks so skinny and must be so hungry lol. Fingers crossed he eats tomorrow :-) xxx

OP
MeekosMummy

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
P.s i praised him SOOoOO much after eating he is walking around so proud like hes the best dog in Wales lol hoping this encourages him to eat more too :2thumbs:

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
Just be careful, with some doggies overfeeding like that can cause problems with his bowel movements. Not to say that it WILL happen, but it may. Don't worry if his biscuits are a little soft tomorrow. It's just from having more food than he is used to- although at this point any food is more!

Good job Meeko! Dinner is supposed to be a happy thing.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.