I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Krista
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Refusing to eat! help :(

Quote Originally Posted by cowsmom View Post
    well he may just not like the food or he may just be "playing" you to get something better to eat. i have found that bullies will play you to get what they want and they are very good at it.
    ^^ This is so true. They are too smart for their own good. Skip the extras outside of meals and he will eventually eat his food once he gets hungry enough. He's trying to play the system and you just have to show him that he can't.

Real Name
    Tasha
    Country
    Wales
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meeko
    Likes (Received)

Day 1 is over he ate a few nibbles of food at breakfast and tea time then showed no interest. So true to my word ive picked it up after 15 mins. He has had no nibbles or treats. Its just a game of who cracks first.. Me or Meeko. Be strong tasha lol x
    Xx.Demari-Jay & Meeko.xX

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ncra6761 View Post
    Day 1 is over he ate a few nibbles of food at breakfast and tea time then showed no interest. So true to my word ive picked it up after 15 mins. He has had no nibbles or treats. Its just a game of who cracks first.. Me or Meeko. Be strong tasha lol x

I wish you luck!! It certainly seems that he is playing you!! Smart bullies!!!

If this doesn't work, I know you've already said that you couldn't bring yourself to do raw, but what about homecooked food. That seems to be a strong and growing trend in bully world too!! There are plenty of members on here who do it and who could help you.

Real Name
    Tasha
    Country
    Wales
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meeko
    Likes (Received)

If it doesnt work il have to get past my fears and do anything for him to eat but i really do think hes just trying his luck because some days he will eat with yoghurt and some days you put yoghurt on it and he wont touch it until you add cheese or ham or chicken or dog meat and he will scoff the lot down. And i would just keep givin him extras until he ate it. But not no more he needs to stop it cos its gettin out of control. And like i say its not that he dislikes the food as he eats it from your hand or as a treat iv even tried going back to his plastic bowl from when he was a pup (he has metal but used to have plastic. I kno theyr frowned upon but was trying ever possible thing). His health is fine he is playin jumpin around and drinkin plenty. This only started when i started puttin cottage cheese on his evenin meal then he started refusin brekfast without the cottage cheese and it got worse and worse x
    Xx.Demari-Jay & Meeko.xX

Real Name
    Tasha
    Country
    Wales
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meeko
    Likes (Received)

Grrrr its me against the world. I gave Meeko plain biscuits again this morning and he wasnt interested so i picked them up. Went to the shop come back and the Hubby puy dog meat on there .. He wouldnt eat it so added yoghurt and he ate most of it. Causing a bit of a row cos he knows what ive been doin and he said he had to make him eat some food cos his stomach kept rumblin! Meekos never goin to learn like this! X
    Xx.Demari-Jay & Meeko.xX

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ncra6761 View Post
    Grrrr its me against the world. I gave Meeko plain biscuits again this morning and he wasnt interested so i picked them up. Went to the shop come back and the Hubby puy dog meat on there .. He wouldnt eat it so added yoghurt and he ate most of it. Causing a bit of a row cos he knows what ive been doin and he said he had to make him eat some food cos his stomach kept rumblin! Meekos never goin to learn like this! X

UH OH!! Gotta get daddy on the same page....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Tasha
    Country
    Wales
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meeko
    Likes (Received)

RESULT.. I didnt do it quite as planned lol bit Meeko just ate his tea!! .. I have 4 different flavour/brand dog foods (good and crap) and different dishes metal and plastic. So i put all 4 flavours of foods in different dishes he sniffed them all then started to eat the 2nd one. Unfortunately its a not so great brand BUT atm im just glad hes eating anything to be truthful. It was in his old plastic dish though so now tomorrow im gonna put the same food in both the metal and plastic dish to see which he favours and if its the dish causing the problem. He actually ate 2 lots of food after he ate the first lot i filled the bowl back up cos he was asking for more and he ate it. Not ideal to overfeed but he looks so skinny and must be so hungry lol. Fingers crossed he eats tomorrow :-) xxx
    Xx.Demari-Jay & Meeko.xX

Real Name
    Tasha
    Country
    Wales
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meeko
    Likes (Received)

P.s i praised him SOOoOO much after eating he is walking around so proud like hes the best dog in Wales lol hoping this encourages him to eat more too
    Xx.Demari-Jay & Meeko.xX

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracy Edwards Thompson
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
    Likes (Received)

Just be careful, with some doggies overfeeding like that can cause problems with his bowel movements. Not to say that it WILL happen, but it may. Don't worry if his biscuits are a little soft tomorrow. It's just from having more food than he is used to- although at this point any food is more!

Good job Meeko! Dinner is supposed to be a happy thing.

Proud Mother of Winston Biscuit since October 30, 2010.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads