Other I got lucky with Oliver

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Took Oliver into the vet's office today to have his hips looked at. He's been favoring his left back leg and limping on it. Of course, I was worried he had hip dysplasia and just thinking of what Lauren's going through with Delilah right now and the money that it's going to cost to fix him. First she looked at his eyes because we've been having problems with his tear stains because his eyes are constantly running. He has entropian so she is referring us to an opthalmologist because they do entropians 10 times a week versus my vet only doing them about 5 times a year. As for his hips, she's not recommending surgery at this time but she did notice that his right back knee is loose (possibly from putting his weight on it while favoring the other leg). She said to give him glucosomine (already am) and fish oil (already am). She gave me some drops for his eyes and gave me some prednisone to help with his allergy flare up. She said she's been seeing a lot of dogs come in with allergies due to not having had much snow this winter and the snow not burying any leaf mold which seems to be the most common allergen right now. He's also down from 63 pounds (last May) to 57 pounds. I told her it's because I've been stopping him from cleaning up Sebastian's leftover food. Now I just need to get on Remy because he's a moose and I'm sure weighs close to 70 pounds because he will go hoover up any leftover food in the other two's bowls before I can pick them up.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
it is good he lost those few pounds, it will help with any hip/knee strain.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Remy? A moose? Never!

Sounds like an okay update, the weight loss is great news! Sorry to hear about the eye issue tho. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Remy? A moose? Never!

Sounds like an okay update, the weight loss is great news! Sorry to hear about the eye issue tho. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

you have no idea, Lisa!! He's huge. He could stand to lose a few pounds too! He hoovers up his food so fast then waits for the boys to walk away from their bowls so he can finish what they leave. Goldie came home on prescription food (canned) and of course, she walked away with a just a few mouthful's left and he ate that too. The way he's food crazy you would think he's a rescue and had been starved. Looks like I'm going to have to add some green beans to his food and be more diligent about picking up the other bowls right away.

Oh and it's actually good news about the eye issue. Instead of having to pay $3000 or more for eyes and hip/knee to be fixed, it's now just a $1000 for his eyes. Thank goodness DBR is covering Goldie's medical. Just the last few days alone she probably already racked up a $2000 bill and she still needs to have her eyes done and spayed

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.