General Question Opinions and advice on Teeth Brushing

Stoagie713

Sep 12, 2012
Vacaville, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Stoagie
So I've never brushed any of my dogs teeth before but I read about many of you guys doing this...should I start brushing Stoagies teeth??? He's 7 months old.
If so..what products should I buy??????
T.I.A

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Yes, start as soon as you can, the earlier the better, because, they get used it from a young age and are more likely to let you do it if you start young, also there is less chance of teeth and gum problems if you brush early rather than later. I brush both my guys teeth and I bought a toothbrush kit from Petsmart, you can buy them at any pet food and dog supply store. It comes with a toothbrush , a finger cot toothbrush, and beef or chicken flavoured toothpaste. You don't really needed to use toothpaste, as its the actual brushing that cleans the teeth, not the paste, the paste just gives a flavour, so the dog may be more apt to like it, but may just eat it. Lol. It's the same for people, the toothbrush is what actually cleans the teeth not the toothpaste , toothpaste,just gives you a nice taste and a feeling of fresh breath, but you could just use water, or baking soda to clean your teeth.

lakermarie

Jun 4, 2012
Albuquerque NM
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
GATOR, (HOPE RIP) & Spot the Aussie/mix
I've bought this dental spray works awesome its from petsmart. You mix the active ingredient with solution shake and spray. I won't lie I'm bad at brushing their teeth but a quick spray before bed is easy. It takes care of Tatar build up keeps clean and healthy

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.