Help Needed! level 3 heart murmur

Luci Jo's mama

Jan 1, 2013
fleetwood pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Luci Jo
Hi!! Anybody have a bully with a grade 3 murmur? Can you tell me about it? What problem does it cause and will they die young? Thank you

L

Lucy-licious

Let me shout for [MENTION=2152]kim n the guys[/MENTION] she has 2 babies with heart murmers, and will be able to help you xx

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Hey [MENTION=7596]lucybaby[/MENTION]! When your vet diagnosed her with a grade 3, did he recommend getting an echocardiogram done? When both my boys were diagnosed, an echo was recommended and they could get a better idea of what was actually going on with their heart. Mine were then further diagnosed with Pulmonic stenosis which a narrowing of the pulmonary artery going from the lungs to the heart. Sebastian's is more severe than Remy's. With PS, it just means that their life span could be shortened but there is no set time. My cardiologist said he has a bulldog patient who presented with PS and is still around at the age of 10 and other dogs have only made it to 18 months -3 years. Sebastian is 2 and Remy is 1. They take medication to help the blood flow through their heart a little better, they have to get yearly echos done with the cardiologist and I just have to watch for signs of fluid building up in their lungs by looking for increased swelling in their abdomens or coughing more.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me

sstewart2010

Dec 10, 2012
Garden City, Michigan, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Leroy
I know that this may not be directly related to what you are asking but I thought it may be helpful: A few years back I had a Shih-tzu and he was diagnosed with a heart murmur & the vet said it was the highest level that there is so basically that if it got any worse it would be fatal. The vet put him on 3 different medications (I know one was Lasix and I can't remember the others) and also a special food b/c he had liver issues as well. To make a long story short here with the medication, food, and regular vet visits Kim-Chee lived another 5 years:) He was 9 years old when diagnosed. I know EBS don't live that long usually but just wanted to tell that story to let you know that there is plenty of life for your dog after being diagnosed with a heart murmur as long as he is well taken care of!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sorry to hear this. I would take her to a cardiologist to see what is exactly going on with her and then you will know more about what is going on with her. Keep us posted.

OP
Luci Jo's mama

Luci Jo's mama

Jan 1, 2013
fleetwood pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Luci Jo
thank you everyone....FORTUNITLY this is not about my Lucy, my sister was going to purchase a male with a level 3 murmur and wanted me to ask about it, she is worried taking in a dog she may lose in a short time...but.....Lucy is fine:yes:

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Oh so glad Lucy is fine I was feeling very sad for you but now I feel much better knowing it is not Lucy. :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online